𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

Before that stormy wave of thoughts could sink me, I decided to stop looking at the empty ceiling and get up.

With great effort and internal struggle, I finally managed to get out from under the warm duvet.

Sleepless, I rubbed my temples after standing up. Then, half blind, I went to the kitchen because the sun's rays which were penetrating into my living room through the large windows were too bright for my sleepy eyes.

My steps went straight to the kitchen to make my morning coffee to wake me up. Tired, I reached for my favorite cup and put it in the coffe machine. While waiting for my morning booster that should help me start the day, I closed my eyes and leaned my back against the kitchen counter. I distanced myself from the world in my mind.

"Sometimes it's better to close the window Vic..."

Thoughtfully, I tried to remember his expression when he told me those words. His eyes were looking into my soul as if trying to change my mind. Although his words hurt, they were true. But it's hard to close something around which my whole life revolves.

"Oh Mick... I wish I didn't have to swim against the tide alone in this world."

It escaped my mouth but it was true. I really wished he was here with me at that moment and heard my words. But somehow I still felt him near me. I felt his presence.

It was as if he was reaching his hand to my face to caress it gently as he used to do before, in the past. My face was automatically trying to find his hand to rest in his warm palm. But something was different than usual. This time I didn't feel the touch of his palm that gave off a sense of safety.

And when I opened my eyes, the feeling was gone. He was gone with everything that made him human.

Well, I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't control the fact that he left and would never come back to me. I was standing alone on this path of life. He left me there a long time ago. But still I was naively trying to somehow get him back and move on with him.

People come but sometimes they can't stay and that's the reason why they have to leave, move on. They need to start writing a new chapter with new people where you no longer belong. Your character will become the past from the previous chapter. A past character that brought some meaning but is no longer necessary for life as before.

And broken hearts have no choice but to move on, to accept fate, try to turn the page with a new chapter without writing there names in it as headings. Over time, learn from mistakes and grow from them so that the heart is spared by them in the future.

Even though Mick left my life, he left something more precious in my heart...

He left vivid memories of us that play out in my head when I think of him. They look so real, like I'm in that situation again and reliving it. As if he was always here and never left me alone....

A sudden notification on my phone alerted me to stop thinking about something that happened in the past and come back down to earth.

I went to the couch where I had placed my phone. I had to leave it there in the evening when I was saying goodbye to Anastasia at the door and then went straight to bed.

At the place of the sender of the 𝑚𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑔𝑒, there was Arthur's name.

A guilty feeling pricked my heart at the sight of his name. Memories from two days ago overwhelmed me. The moment when I pulled myself out of his arms and disappeared behind the door without explanation. Over again.

I hurt him twice in a row and only because of me. It all happened only because of me and my painful promise. He was innocent in that, he just became a victim of my cruel heart, which rejected him but at the same time did not want to let him go.

𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙪𝙧______________________________
|𝑮𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑽𝒊𝒄... 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐    |
𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒇 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕
𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅. 𝑰 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕
𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔. 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒏𝒐 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒚. 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉
𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖...
|__________________________________|

My fingers were stuck because they didn't know what to write, what letter to press to create a meaningful message.

________________________________𝙈𝙚
|𝑯𝒊 𝑨𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒖𝒓, 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓.|
𝑰'𝒎 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔. 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆.
|_________________________________|

After finishing writing, with a big sigh, I threw the phone back to the place where it was before and turned on my heel in the direction where the coffee machine beeped as a sign of the completion of its work.

__________/🏎/_____________________

The drawer made a creaking sound when I opened it more while searching.

"Oh god, where is it?"

I crouched so that I could search the last drawer as well. As I was rummaging through things, someone interrupted me by knocking on the door. Leaning my hand on the corner of the dresser helped me to stand up.

Confused, I walked to the door. I didn't expect any visitors so early in the morning. So I had no idea who it could be.

A little doubtfully I touched the door handle with my hand. I took a deep breath and then exhaled. After that I got a better grip on the handle and finally opened the door.

Even though I didn't think of anyone more specific who it could be, I was still surprised when I saw the person standing in front of me at that moment. For a few seconds I stopped breathing and felt my heart rate slow down. Sometimes my heart even skipped a beat.

"Vic?..."

That person spoke to me. But I, under the influence of surprise, could not utter a single word. At that moment, I needed a few seconds to recover from what was just happening.

𝑰𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒅? 𝑶𝒓 𝒂𝒎 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒕?

_/🏎/_____________________________

‼️𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁‼️
1. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨!!
2. 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚!

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐧♡︎