Chapter 1

JANUARY 2002

THE BUCHANAN RESIDENCE

CHELSEA, LONDON, ENGLAND

7 AM

It has been a little over a month since the Buchanans had welcomed the newest addition to their family into the world. However, taking care of a newborn proved to be quite a daunting task for Harold and Beatrice, with Beatrice staying up late most nights trying to soothe and comfort her infant daughter.

After one particularly difficult evening where Beatrice had spent all night trying to soothe Sybille to sleep but to no avail, Rhonda, Blaze, Abigail and Taokaka were sitting at the kitchen eating breakfast. Rhonda, Abigail, Blaze and Taokaka were both eating a full breakfast consisting of fried eggs, buttered toast, sausage, fried mushrooms and several glasses of orange juice and chocolate milk, courtesy of Lena.

"I hope you lot like your yummy, scrumptious breakfast," Lena said with a toothy grin as she was preparing more food over the stove.

"Thanks, Lena," Rhonda smiled as she tore off a piece of buttered toast and chewed it slowly with a satisfied moan.

"Yum..."

"Thank you, nice Caribbean lady! This food is super extra yummy, meow!" Taokaka beamed as she proceeded to stuff her mouth full of food.

"Charmander!" Blaze also grinned happily.

Then as soon as everyone was finished with their breakfast, there was a loud beeping sound outside as the bus pulled up in front of the flat.

"Come on, you guys; let's go," Rhonda urged as she grabbed her backpack and she led the others out of the kitchen.

A short time later, Rhonda and her friends arrived in their classroom all bundled up in their winter clothes when they soon ran into the one person that they would rather not see.

"Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in," Xavier greeted them with an evil, menacing smirk.

"What do you want this time, Xavier?" Rhonda retorted with a pointed glare.

"I'll have you know that my parents recently got me my very own Pokemon from the Kanto region. Everyone, meet Ekans," Xavier replied with a smug, conceited expression.

He then took out his own Poke Ball and held it out for everyone to see.

"Ekans, go!"

A red beam of light emitted from the Poke Ball as a figure soon emerged, revealing Ekans.

"Ekans!"

"I have my own Pokemon as well," Jen announced as she walked over to join Xavier, with a Persian trailing after her. "My mother and father also got me this Persian. Isn't she just darling?"

"Yeah, whatever Jen," Jasmine scoffed with a disdainful eye roll.

"I wasn't talking to you, you dirty, filthy mongrel," Jen sneered at her curtly.

"I can't wait to beat you at your own game when I get my own Pokemon someday!" Jasmine snapped.

"We'll see about that, won't we?" Jen smirked evilly with a sadistic, wily grin.

"All right, children; get to your seats. Class is about to begin," Ms. Caldwell announced as she entered the classroom.

"This isn't over by a long shot, Shirvani," Jen growled as she and Xavier walked away.

"Come on, guys; let's just ignore her. We got schoolwork to focus on," Shirley sighed with a shake of her head as everyone retreated to their seats.

TLSTLSTLSTLS