18

Louis Andres

Sydney:
Let's talk. I'll wait at the park near my old condo

As soon as I got out of my car, memories of Louis and I came flooding my mind that my eye immediately felt hot. I took a sit on the nearest swing, facing a blank road ahead, only the moon and the street lamps' light the whole place. I started pushing myself to make the swing sway a little. Just enough to keep my mind off from the things that always made my eye sting.

Louis and I first met when we were college, second semester of third year if my memory serves me right.

He just appeared out of nowhere. He started following me then soon enough he confessed that he likes me. I was shocked of course, not because he told me that he likes me but because of his courage.

I mean, luxury is my life and the whole school knows that. Louis was far from that.

He asked if he can court me, I barely know him. But for some reason I didn't find myself answering no and requesting him to get out of my face like how I respond to other rich boys. Instead I told him to do whatever he wants. I let him be.

Every day, after my last class Louis was always there. He's always waiting for me. There was a time na gimabi ako sa school because I was having my org meeting, I was elected as the Vice President of the org and I need to preside the meeting in the absence of our President. I thought Louis already went home but as soon as I stepped outside the meeting room, I found him waiting for me while doing his plates. That was also the time that he introduced me to his friends na kasama niyang naghihintay.

I felt bad because he told me na he sent me a message but unfortunately hindi ko nabasa because I got busy with the org. I also heard them talking about the stuff they needed to buy for their plates so I offered to drop them by. The thing is, they said na baka sarado na iyong pagbibilhan nila, again I offered them that I know a place na bukas pa and that I can assure them andoon lahat ng kailangan nila.

They agreed with me so we went there using our service car. Hindi pa kasi ako pinapayagan nila Mommy to drive for myself back then kaya hatid-sundo ako. I heard them talking na baka hindi nila kayang bayaran iyong mga kukunin nila, it's kinda sad for me kasi while I can get whatever I want without considering the price of it meron palang kagaya nila na kailangang tumingin sa price kung kaya ba nilang bilhin yun or what.

I didn't want to offend them. I didn't want to flaunt my money but I didn't know the other way. So I went to the cashier and asked the person in charged that I will be shouldering their expenses but of course I told him na ayokong maoffend sila. Good thing that he thought of a good solution, he made up a voucher with 80 percent discount na pwedeng iavail ng mga scholars and they happened to be a scholars. Louis was even a full scholar of the school.

After that day, madalas kasama na ni Louis iyong mga kaibigan niya na maghintay sa akin. He just usually walks me sa car park kasi may sundo naman ako.

I remembered the first time that they encountered my friends. Nothing really happened but I saw how Louis lost his confidence when he saw Matteo handing me a paper bag from a certain brand. Akala niya yata Matteo was a competitor.

"Here" Matteo handed me the paper bag as soon as I approached them. He was at the same place where Louis and his friends are waiting. "And about the party for tomorrow, what's the color of your dress so I can match?" Matt asked. I'm pretty sure he knows Louis because apparently news have wings. I noticed how Matt was smirking while glancing at Louis who have his head low and a balled fist so I glared at Matt which made him smirk even more.