Darkness Rising Part 1

Jasper

Inside of a house within Jasper Nevada, a young single mother named June Darby walked into her adopted son to see him sound asleep on his bed

Inside of a house within Jasper Nevada, a young single mother named June Darby walked into her adopted son to see him sound asleep on his bed. The young in the bed is Ash Darby, the now adopted son of June Darby and adopted brother of Jack Darby. June already knows who her adopted son really is and frowned to see him twisting and turning in his bed, breaking out into cold sweats as he was whimpering and mumbling, appearing that he is having a nightmare. Not able to bare to watch him in pain, she quickly went over and grasps his hand.

"Ash! Wake up!" June shouted.

On instinct, Ash grabbed June's hand and tossed her on the bed before climbing over her with his fist raised. Claw attracted on Ash's fingers, ready to rip his adopted mother to sheds. Before Ash could do anything, his adopted brother Jack Darby who was awaken by the noise, ran into the room and his eyes widen, seeing what he just walked into. "Ash, stop!" He yelled.

Ash snapped out of his beastly instinct and calms down to see his adopted mother beneath him scared of her mind. "I'm sorry, so sorry!" He apologized as he quickly got off June and huddled in a corner, hugging his knees to his chest and started to cry softly.

June looked at her adopted son and approached him and when she touched him, he flinched before she pulled him into a hug. "No, it's okay. I'm alright. You're home. You're safe." She said, comforting Ash in her warm arms.

Jack lets out a sigh as he watches from the doorway, in relief to see his brother calm and relax from his nightmare. Ash smiled as he rests his head on her chest, closing his eyes as he relaxes in her arms. Soon, Jack joined in the hug as he was gonna be there for his adopted brother, monster or no monster.

Timeskip

The next day rolled in a matter of hours as Ash had just wakened up his adopted mother's arms with stuff dragon plushie in his arms. Ash smiled as June stayed with him all night to ensure that he slept well.

Having been wrapped in a hug by a mother figure was something that Ash has been long denied. They woke up from their sleep although Ash almost pulled out his wings and wrapped them around June. But June reminded him that she had to go to work, much to Ash disappointment. Ash and his brother had school and thankfully both were on time.

School on earth wasn't that interesting to Ash and his classes were boring because he didn't them hard to passed. He was not the only intelligence person in the classroom, there was another student name Rafael 'Raf' Esquivel. The two got along pretty well, mostly studying and playing games, specifically racing games together.

While Ash may have gotten along with most of the students, there were some he wasn't a fond of, Vince and his cheerleaders. Vince is a jerk and bully to most of the students, especially to Rafael and Jack. He tried to bully Ash and make his days a living hell, but the new student wasn't having it and teach the jerk multiple lessons on a lot of occasions. The cheerleaders, on the other hand, aren't bullies, Ash just found them annoying whenever they cheering and worshipping Vince like he did in the past.