Inamorata's Longing

A/N: As April 16 arrives Lumine's loneliness returns at knowing her and Xiao's second anniversary might not be able to be celebrated. She ends up slipping away on her own before others can notice. However the wind has taken notice. 

I hope you enjoy the song for their 2nd Anniversary. It very much is and feels like a song from Lumine's POV on what is happening right now. The song itself is from another RPG I love, Xenoblade. This one is Mio singing about Noah and her friends.

✦................................✦.................................✦

Those happy days we spent together
Cause you were always beside me
Then suddenly I realized, 
These happy days won't ever last
Out of all the souls we create, in fact
How we met was a miracle

I see you peacefully,
You're in your dreams
Everything seems calm and free I know,
If we want this to last forever again
Let's go back to that moment of day
~"Where We Belong" - Xenoblade 3

✦................................✦.................................✦

Monstandt was in full bloom the golden blossoms of the dandelions swayed in the breeze and the pinwheel-like petals of the windwheel asters turned in the calm and free breeze. A pair of finches danced merrily building their nest in the Tree of the Hero, Venessa. The soft glow of the anemo archon's statues reflecting the morning sun. The long shadows of the night that mid April mourn was cast away by the blinding, steadily intense rays of light. 

Those soft mellow, dark hues of night gone for another day as the moon bid his sibling ado to seek repose for now it was the sun's turn to watch the world go by. In Springvale Village, by the cascading crystal clear waterfall the gentle humming of Callirhoe could be heard as Diona raced out after another argument with her father. Over in Wovendom's thick woods the wolves and Razor were on the prowl hot on trail of a wild boar. While in the Dawn Winery Diluc was returning from another night dealing with a threat that had surfaced only be greeted by Kaeya, Jean, Lisa, and hyperactive Nalini, his close friend's daughter. The sun goddess's family were his guests having come here after spending some time in Liyue.

But still there was a look of worry as he gazed up at the guest suite's balcony. There was Lumine looking out leaning on the railing with a melancholy expression deep in thought. He knew the date they all did: April 16th. "Is it really alright to leave mom alone like this?"wondered Nalini in concern.

"She seemed fine when helping at the alchemy potion shop even seemed to be enjoying herself with Paimon and Bakari...my poor cutie..."sighed Lisa in concerned musings.

"I wasn't able to see anything off either when I gave her that gift from myself and Lisa for her hard work."admitted Jean.

"Hmph...you wouldn't have notice Jean because you got absorbed in your mountain of paperwork once again."reminded Diluc with a tinge of affection in his smoldering eyes.

"you really should do something about pacing yourself better my dear Acting grandmaster."Kaeya teased with equal affection. The result was both brothers to glare with something of a competitive rivalry as if warning sparks were flying. However not far away Lumine had overheard the entire conversation and playful, concerned banter as she sighed.

She had tried to keep distracted and tried so hard to stay in good spirits so not to worry everyone. But she could not help it she was worried as Alatus had fallen into a much deeper slumber once again since events with Lingyuan. That had been weeks ago now and during that time she had helped Lynette crack a case and save a animal shelter from a smuggling case of replicated sinthe. She had afterwards sought out Chiori to get her children's clothes mended as Lingyuan had done a number on them with her claws. Chiori however was dealing with one very fucked up expartner turned business rival that was not too friendly. The brute had even tried to shoot at her and her twins for Yggdrasil sake!!!