Two Halves Make A Soul

A/N: Cyno with Lumine and his godchildren arrive at a familiar sight: The Temple of Silence. But Sethos seems to have his eyes on taking contract Cyno has with "Yin" Hermanubis!? 

✦................................✦.................................✦

Fun Fact: The word/term "Ba" is the Egyptian word for "soul" as well as the belief it was what accompanies a person both in life and into the next. However, it was believed only pharaohs had Ba at one point. In edition the ancient Egyptians believed the soul was made up of three parts. These were known as Ba(soul/reputation), Ka(life force), & Akh(deeds/ghost). It was also believed criminals did not have Akh and thus could not survive in the afterlife. Oh and fun detail you'll notice Sethos has a White Ba while Cyno has a Black Ba but once combined it became whole.

Note For New Readers: Cyno in this story is bit AU in the fact he has his parents. But his situation was different and instead of being sold he was put in the system reluctantly by his parents for his welfare more then their own. Cairo and Zahra were created when I knew very little about Cyno but they shall remain. <3 Cyno in this series I guess is luckier in that he has two dads and his mom.

✦................................✦.................................✦

Lumine slowly opened her eyes in her dreams. She felt oddly content but slightly confused at what she was seeing. This beautiful dreamscape with cascading thundering waterfalls and lush scenery looking over a sea of clouds and mist below a sea of countless blossoms and bamboo. The sounds of bird song as sight of strange cranes waded in the shimmering pools. In the shadows she could make out sight of a griffin's figure and a lone tiger's territorial cry of distress. Further up she went the winding rocky path until she found the well hidden manor and its elegant walls reminded her of Chenyu Vale's unique architecture. The garden itself is simple and tranquil; colorful koi lazily swimming and weaving through the brilliant red lotus flowers.

"They're in bloom."she whispered in realization.

"But they pale in comparison to you."came a familiar purr gentle on the breeze.

"Alatus?"she squeaked in surprise.

"Come inside."he urged her and she needed no more convincing. One step...two steps...and before she knew it she was running right through the doors. So this was Alatus's dream then, he must have pulled her in as she had fallen asleep in her tent. She soon found him looking better than he had in ages sitting there in the window. Lumine raced over at seeing his soft gentle smile as she jumped into his arms. "There you are, I made you worry again I'm so sorry."he soothed holding her close.

"Mhmm...I miss you, when will you be back?"she whispered.

"Any time now my beloved star. So hasten, my darling, I suggest you hurry to Natlan by the summer's end to get me there."he gently urged.

Lumine hummed, feeling content as she climbed up and snuggled up into his arms, laying back against his chest as she sat between his legs. "I'm already starting to prepare for the trip."she reassured. "For now let me just enjoy this dream with you."Alatus just smiled and held her a little closer. "I have so many things to tell you, the things I saw...the world Yggdrasil showed me..."he purred, playing gently with the feather earring in her ear as they watched the scenery. He had missed it so much and he was eager to awaken and emerge. He was just unsure how the world would react to him.

A celestial dragon that controlled the very shadows of the abyssal sea. A king of birds was what he had become. His heritage from the dragon of dendro and geo made him evolve rapidly and adept. He was still a yaksha but he felt like something more now as Lumine lightly dozed in his embrace. He could sense the protective shackles over his egg were beginning to shatter despite how deep in slumber he was now. He could sense what was stirring in the abyss like pesky little fleas jumping across his body. However he heard a ruckus and frowned giving Lumine a gentle shake, "Bythos wake up you have visitors in the waking world."he whispered into her elven ear.