Chapter 1

Living in the Philippines for five years has been a rollercoaster. At first, it was tough to adapt - the language, the culture, everything felt so different. Lalo na bawat galaw ko ay may mga taong nakatingin, I know they don't trust me. Sino ba naman ako? Bigla nalang ako dumating sa bansang ito sa hindi pa magandang rason. Of course everyone will doubt my existence, I am working to gain their trust for over 5 years, I tried to do everything to please them. To be kind with everyone even though some of them are born to be mean.

Every chance they get they are treating me like a trash. And when they were caught ? They'll act innocent and that's really pathetic.

But through it all, there's been someone who's been my rock, even though we're not related by blood.

She was the one who took me in five years ago when tragedy struck where I was staying. She's been like a guardian angel, guiding me through the ups and downs of life in this beautiful yet challenging country. She's my family - she said.

She was also the one who never doubt me, she was the one who save me from those mean people inside her house, they all got fired just because she found out what they are doing. She was so mad that time and kept saying that I am her family and not a maid like them so they shouldn't treat me like one. Even though I know to myself that I am a maid. She found me wearing a maid uniform that day, instead of making me one of her people who will serve her she made me her family. She treats me like a sister. A sister, huh?

She helps me in everything. From teaching me the language to introducing me to local customs, she's been there every step of the way. Even when things got tough, she never wavered.

She's working hard to gain my trust throughout the years even though she doesn't need to do that because the moment she lent her hand to me that night, she already had it.

A small smile crept on my lips as I go back in time, I am so lucky that I met someone like her, and I'm always be thankful for giving me the chance to be with her.

Hawak ang paper bag na may tatak ng isang sikat na brand ng cafe ay nakangiti akong naglakad palapit sa bmw ko.

Binuksan ko na ang pintuan ng driver seat at papasok na sana ngunit may maliit at mabalahibong bagay ang naunang pumasok sa aking sasakyan.

Natigil ako sa tangkang pag pasok at tapatingin nalang sa puting pomeranian na ngayon ay naka upo na sa driver seat. Nakalabas pa ang dila nito habang nakikipag titigan saakin.

Hala, ang kyut.

"Hi baby, what are you doing in my car?" Malambing na pag kausap ko rito, tanging tahol lamang ang isinagot nito at humiga na sa upuan.

Nakagat ko ang ibabang labi dahil napaka kyut talaga nito. Gusto ko siyang buhatin at panggigilan.

Matagal ko na gustong magkaroon ng aso nasa ibang bansa pa lamang ako ngunit hindi pwede, ayoko rin namang magsabi na gusto ko ng aso kay ate Lily kasi ni isa wala akong nakikitang alagang hayop sa bahay. Baka hindi siya pet lover kaya ganun.

Dahan dahan akong yumuko papasok sa sasakyan ko at dahan-dahang binuhat ang Pomeranian na hindi manlang umangal sa pag buhat ko sakanya, dahil tila nagpapalambing pa ito. Para siyang nakayakap saakin yung dalawa niyang para ay nakapatong sa balikat ko.

Ang bango naman ng aso na ito, ang lambot pa ng balahibo nakakagigil talaga , nasan ba ang amo nito?

Tumingin tingin ako sa paligid at wala naman akong makitang mukhang nag hahanap ng aso, iuwi ko kaya to? Akin nalang?

"What's your name baby? Where's your mommy or daddy?" Tanong ko rito at muling tiningnan ang kabuuan nito, ang kyut talaga mabilis ang pag wiggle wiggle ng kanyang buntot habang nakalabas ang dila.