two

♡꒦꒷♡꒷꒦

"Jisung, Han Jisung! Can we sit here?"

The squealing voices gave Jisung a headache. He was about to curl his hands over his ears and snap back at the girls hovering by his table, when Changbin spoke for him.

"Ladies," he charmed. "As much as the head boy would love your company, we're having a very private prefect meeting."

The girls had simpered, the noise lingering with nausea in Jisung's stomach. As soon as they turned away, he faked a gag, glaring at Changbin.

"Why do you have to be nice to them?" Jisung asked, voice rough. "They just keep coming back if you're nice."

A shrug from Changbin, broad shoulders hiked up, a smile plastered on his face. "I'm nice to everyone."

Seungmin announced his arrival at the table with a clatter of his lunch tray being slid in front of him as he took a seat.

"You weren't very nice to that boy in the corridor." Felix had followed not long after Seungmin, placed his food down much more carefully, quiet. Shot a pout at Changbin.

"Neither was Seungmin," Changbin sulked. "Why am I getting the blame?"

In reality, Felix only complained at Changbin because he never really expected Changbin to be like that. Seungmin was an arsehole, sure, and Jisung was the devil incarnate, but Changbin was always so nice when Jisung and Seungmin weren't around. He'd never admit it, but it hurt Felix to see Changbin being cruel.

"Who even was that kid, anyway?" Changbin changed the topic, words coming out stumbled and slurred by thick noodles that he was yet to chew or swallow. "Didn't know we had a transfer."

"Swallow your food before you speak, pig." Jisung shot a foul glance at Changbin as he spoke.

Anyone else on the receiving end of a look like this from Jisung probably would've cried, apologised, vowed to never eat in his presence again. Changbin simply dropped his jaw and let Jisung get an eyeful of the unchewed food in his mouth.

Jisung held in a gag, this one real, swatted at Changbin with a disgusted look on his face. Changbin bellowed a laugh. In any other setting, this would've drawn all eyes onto him, but everyone at their school knew Changbin for three things: loud laughs, big muscles, sweet tongue.

Seungmin shared Jisung's disgust. Felix was holding in a giggle.

A lot of people found their dynamic as a group strange, since Felix was admired for kindness, Changbin for his smooth talking, whilst Jisung and Seungmin were... feared. Admired solely for the fact they were ego-maniacal psychopaths, and both from the richest families in the city.

"Why are you interested in the new guy, anyway, Binnie?" Seungmin teased. "Got a crush?"

There was a glint in Seungmin's eyes that no one saw, in the same way that his friends missed the glance that Seungmin shot at Felix directly after. Seungmin was the only one who noticed how his question made Felix flinch ever so slightly. The special skill of Jisung's best friend; he spotted everything, let nothing fly under his radar.

"Ha!" Changbin laughed. "Even if I was a fag, I wouldn't go near that new kid. Did you see what he did when you pushed him? Like he was actually gonna try and fight back."

This caught Jisung's attention. "You let that slide?"

Seungmin pouted, shooting Jisung a sullen look. "You're the one who dragged us away, Ji."

"Prefects can't be seen fighting in the corridors, idiot. We'll catch him later. Show him how things work around here." Jisung's voice was scarily deadpan, as it always seemed to be. He toyed with the food on his plate as he spoke.