Chapter 6

Lisa Pov

It's been months since that day happened and I learned that it was really my fault why they experienced it. I felt guilty and kept saying my apology to all of them but a few of them didn't accept my sorry and punch me. I got bruises that time and woke up the next day in my room with myrna treating my wounds.

By the way, in my months here I already know every Kim's employees here especially the head maid, her name is myrna and I call her mama. She became my mother and protector. She always gives me comfort every time jennie insults me. I am so glad she is working here because I don't know how I can survive living here in the mansion if she's not here. Jennie is too much for me. She kept downgrading me.

"Lisa" I was sent back to my senses when mama myrna's soft voice called me. I look at her and smile.

"I know this is nonsense question but are you ok?" My smile turned down and heaved a deep breath.

"To be honest mama, I felt like I'm losing myself. Jennie is too much and she kept insulting me."

I remember when her lawyer came in the next day after the punishment she insulted me and degraded me. I'm just sitting on the other couch lowering down my head while listening to them and when they want me to sign I just did it without reading the agreement because I was too tired of my situation and the way jennie handled me. I wanted to cry and just go back to our hometown and just marry that old woman because she never belittled me. I felt the worst when I was with jennie I thought I was safe when she arrived at the wedding ceremony but that was the biggest mistake of my life.

"Extend your patience, lisa. Jennie is pregnant and maybe that is how her pregnancy hormones work to her" I nodded. Jennie is already 5 months pregnant but she still manage to hide the baby bump. I wanted to stop her from going to work because the last time she let me accompany her in the clinic the doctor advised her to stay at home for lesser stress, but as hardheaded she is she still wants to go to work so I stop nagging to her since I just received hurtful words when I did.

"Yes mama. I am doing it for the baby. I'm excited to met her or him" Everytime the word baby come up to my mind I felt like I'm the happiest person I live.

"Me too" Mama said.

By the way my work here is just to stay and be stuck up in the guest room until jennie wants me to accompany her. She gave me a phone to contact my family which I usually used it evertime I felt down and wanted them to encourage me. I asked them how their life and they said they're much better than our life in the busan. I'm happy for them, the also my reason I'm bearing and staying strong here.

"Ms. Kim is having a birthday celebration tonight. Did she ask you to escort her?" I shook my head. I heard that today is jennie's birthday and every important person in the business industry is invited and I also heard that her parents are coming home tonight to celebrate with her.

"Did you really expect her to let me escort her mama?" I ask while giggling. "She might ask me to serve food like you do" I said. Mama chuckle and about to say something when someone speak behind her.

"That was a good idea" She look at me before her eyes landed to mama who's now bowing her head.

"Ms. Kim"

"I want you to give lisa the work she wants"

"B-but Ms. Kim she have no uniform to wear" Mama said.

"Let her borrow some of the maids extra uniform" Jennie said and look at me. I don't know if I mistakenly saw a sad expression on her face when she look at me. It is impossible for her to feel that kind of feeling towards me. She is jennie kim.

"Yes Ms. Kim" Mama pulled me out of the guest room.

Jennie sits on the vanity and her make up artist is busy putting light make up on her face.

"Done Ms. Kim" Jennie nodded and stood up to wear her dress. The artist wants to ask something to jennie but she is having a hesitation.

"Do you have something to tell me or ask?" Jennie plainly ask while looking at her dress at the same time looking at the artist in the mirror.

"Y-yes Ms. Kim"

"What is it?" The artist gulped and fidgeted her finger.

"Are you pregnant?" She asked while closing her eyes. Jennie looked at her with blank expression.

"No" She denied and ask the artist to assist her in wearing the dress. She don't know why she denied the obvious facts but maybe she feel ashamed of exposing her pregnancy and people will know that just a poor person got her pregnant.

Lisa is busy helping the maids in serving food to all table but unfortunately she accidentally slip the tray of food and it drop to one of the guest dress.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry" Lisa kneel down to wipe the guest dress and kept saying her sorry.

"It's ok" The woman said and stood up. She held lisa hand since the latter kept on cleaning her dress and she felt uncomfortable with her touch.

"It is really ok"

"Bu---Your hand touching me is not ok" The woman said and smile awkwardly to lisa. Lisa lower down her head and put her hand to her back.

"What's happening here?" Jennie firm voice makes lisa heart beat faster because of nervousness.

"There's nothing serious jen. She just accidentally slipped the tray of food into my dress so nothing serious. I can change my dress, excuse me" The woman said and about to go out in the venue but stop when she heard how jennie disrespect the poor server.

"You're really clumsy and fucking useless! You know what? go back to your room and just stay there until you stink!" Jennie shouted and pushed lisa hard which cause the latter to stumble but the woman earlier catch her before she out balance.

"You ok? Oh my mistake, you're not ok for sure" The woman said and chuckled to lighten lisa's mood but lisa lowered her head and kept herself away from the intense gaze of the people around them.

"Jennie"

"Don't meddle to how I discipline my people, yaya" Jennie firmly said. She didn't know what she felt and didn't understand why she suddenly felt mad when yaya touched lisa and smiled at the latter and even protected her. She can't understand herself.

"I'm sorry, but she made a mistake to me and it's a right thing that I should be the one to say those words to her and not you?" Jennie clench her fist.

"What and where words do you not understand what I said to you?, that don't meddle to how I discipline my people, yaya" Lisa gulped and had the courage to hold yaya wrist which made jennie more mad. Lisa doesn't want the scene to get bigger so she gathers all her courage and strength.

"I'm sorry again mam" Lisa said and bowed down to yaya. She looked at jennie whose eyes got stuck on yaya's wrist even though lisa's hands are not there anymore. "Ms. Kim, I will accept every punishment you will give to me" She added and bow down.

"Go out!" Jennie calmly said but it's obvious that there is a venomous behind it. Myrna who was behind jennie immediately pull lisa away from the scene.

"I'm sorry" Lisa said.

"That was just a mistake lisa" Mama myrna said. Lisa prevented herself to cry even she really want it. She just keeps heaving deep breath to stop herself.