Chapter 8: Discovering her power

Emerald awoke sprawled in her bed. She looked at her hands the still glowed slightly green from the emeralds. She Breathed. She was going to be fine. She shook the glow from her hands and leopard out of bed stumbling as she put on her boots and clothes. She felt weird. Yawning she came out of her room walking slowly down the hall. As soon as she got to the meeting room she opened the door. Everyone was there already eating. Sonic looked at her in the middle of eating. "Wow! What kept you up?" he said noticing her tired look. She looked at him with wide eyes. "Uh, nothing happened just didn't sleep well!" She said quickly. Everyone looked at her wordily. Bunnie Sat a plate of pancakes down in front of Emerald as she sat down. "You sure sugar? You look like a ball hit you straight in the face," Emerald faked a laugh. Earning herself more looks of concern. Quickly she started eating the pancakes, ignoring them. All of a sudden her hands started to glow. Quickly she hid her hands looking to see if anyone noticed. She didn't see anyone. Unbeknownst to her Miss Sol noticed and took note of why she was acting strange. Then a piece of small pancake started to float. Emerald quickly snatched it from the air with a napkin. A few of the Demy-gods looked at her strangely. She smiled and chuckled. Quickly she sat up from her seat. "Um I'm done," She said punching the chair in with a little more force than she meant to. Having it meet the table with a thump. "But you haven't even finished one of your pancakes?" Silver said confused. Emerald tried to think up something. "Uh... I'm not hungry," She said and with that she quickly speed walked out of the room. Shutting the door behind her. She breathed a sigh leaning on them. She looked at her hands the glowing now stopped. What did this mean? What happened to her? Was she cursed? Questions flew through her head then she thought of a solution. The library. There would be a book there surely. Maybe one that could tell her what was happening. Without a moment to spare she took down the halls turning left and right till she came upon the old doors of the library. Quickly she let herself in. Looking at the shelves she came over to the E section. "Let's see... Ear book, Earth Magic, Equine Care... Ah ha! The Emerald guide, seems promising," She pulled down an old book almost seeming to not be touched in its whole lifetime. Grabbing a few books next to it she sat down at a large round table spreading out the books so she could see all of them. Flipping through all the books she searched for something, anything telling of seven magical emeralds. Suddenly on one of the pages titled history of the Emerald she saw a picture of three beings with a huge emerald between them. It looked like the painting to the secret tunnel. She touched it focusing her mind on the beautiful picture. She blinks suddenly finding herself in front of the three beings. They almost looked exactly like Sonic, Shadow and Silver. These beings where something else though. "Hello?" Emerald called out, but they didn't respond they didn't even acknowledge she was their. It was like she wasn't there at all. The figures just stared at each other. Finally each held out a stone. They almost looked like the hedgehogs necklace. The stones soon started floating in the air circling, Spinning faster and faster they formed into a ball of light. The figures then started adding Different colors of smoke into the ball. With sudden flashes the ball split into seven forming themselves into solid familiar shape. The shape of an emerald. The seven emeralds circled light shining within them. The room shined in a million colors dancing in front of Emerald's eyes. The beings watched unfazed though, pushing in the emeralds they formed them all together. A green flash lit the room in white as they formed together. Emerald covered her eyes was the room turned white. As soon as the light faded a green emerald stood in the middle of the three figures. Emerald looked at the emerald mesmerized. The power seemed so familiar so warm. One of the beings reached for the emerald holding it in his hands. His blue fur glinted with the soft green light of the emerald. Then he looked up locking eyes with Emerald. She held her breath as the being stared at her with no emotion. "The Emerald Goddess," He said his voice caring like a whisper. "What?" Emerald asked confused. She took a step forward. What was he talking about? Then a blast of power emitted from the emerald blasting Emerald back. Disoriented Emerald opened her eyes to find books levitating in front of her. Green and gold light surrounded them seeming to keep them suspended in the air. "Wow," she said trying to reach for them. Then she noticed herself several feet off the ground. She started freaking out trying to find something to pull her back down. Moving her hands she tried swimming herself to the banister but she only managed to turn herself upside down. She gave an exasperated sigh. She thew her hands up in defeat. Just then everything fell, Emerald screamed as she came crashing down on the floor. The books scattered everywhere. A book landed roughly on her head as someone ran into the room gasping. She looked up to see Miss Sol. The blue cat looked around at the mess then to Emerald. Then Footsteps were heard outside the library. Miss Sol looked back knowing they would be coming soon. She looked at Emerald. "I'll take care of this just play along," Emerald nodded confused at what she meant. Then Sonic came running into the room soon followed after by Shadow, Silver, Blaze and Bunnie. Miss Sol put on an anger face. "Such a disgrace!" She yelled at Emerald as she sat up. "What happened?" Asked Bunnie. Miss Sol wiped around fire in her eyes. "This CHILD, decided that it would be fun to look into one of my spell books and read it out loud!" she held out a book, flipping to a page that read levitation spell. Emerald looked at her. Since when did she get that book? Miss Sol wiped around to the Blue hedgehog as she stood up all the way the book still on her head. "You are forbidden from coming into this Room! Do you hear me girl!" Emeralds ears laid back scared. "But it...it wasn't my fault," She said trying to defend herself. Miss Sol quickly gave her a look, obviously telling her to keep her mouth shut. Emerald however didn't listen. "This was a mistake, I don't know how this happened I don't even remember readi..." Miss Sol quickly stopped her. "Don't you talk back to me girl! Go to your room, I will discuss matters with you LATER," Emerald huffed running to her room with anger.

With Miss Sol and the others they quickly placed the books back cleaning the room. "This doesn't seem like something Emerald would do," Sonic said as he placed a book into the shelf . Miss Sol sighed, "that girl has been very curious lately, I bet she thought that it would be exiting to try 'magic' " she said air quoting the word magic. "It could be a effect of her upbringing," Shadow said. Miss Sol then got an idea quickly she wiped the look from her face pretending to ponder what he said. "Perhaps, Humans have always been curious creatures. It is possible that there culture has rubbed off on her." Blaze looked at her "I guess you can say that, but she did say that it wasn't her fault," Silver nodded behind her. "And like Sonic said this doesn't seem like something Emerald would do," Miss Sol turned to look at them. "I will take that into consideration when talking to her," she said dismissively. Concerned Bunnie walked next to the blue cat as she started to exit the room. "Would you like me to come with you Miss?" Miss Sol continued not looking at her. "That wont be necessary." Bunnie sighed "Just be gentle on her," She said as she walked back to the library. Miss Sol sighed lying felt terrible but it was the only way to keep Emeralds new circumstance a secrets. Soon She came to Emeralds room knocking softly. "Come in," A muffled voice said. Slowly Miss Sol opened the door looking into the room. Emerald sat on her bed in a pile of blankets and pillows. When emerald saw her she looked down, obviously angary at her. Miss Sol sighed knowing she might have gone a little to far. "I'm sorry for frightening you," she said softly. Emerald remained quiet. Miss sol sighed and sat on the edge of the bed looking out of the window behind her. "Once apon a time, there was a girl. Left alone and abandoned, but she still kept her head high. One day she was caught stealing from the village. A guard caught her and took her to the gods were she would be punished, but when she was taken to the gods. One saw her true intentions for what she did. To help others like her. His name was Cilios. Seeing the compassion in her heart he granted her power of a demy-god and took her in as his apprentice." Emerald ponder as she want over the story. "It was you wasn't it," she finally said as the blue cat smiled still looking out the window. She then looked at Emerald. "You remind me so much of the girl I used to be," Emerald looked at her sadly. "Used to be?" Miss Sol nodded "I sadly lost who I was a long time ago," Emerald put a hand on her shoulder having the cat face her. "I don't think that," Miss Sol smiled taking Emerald's hand in her own. "I'm sorry that I snapped at you, I just wanted to make sure no one found out who you are, not yet." Emerald looked at her confused. "What do you mean?" Miss Sol sighed getting up out of the bed. "I'll be right back."

Soon after a few minutes she came back with something wrapped in an old blanket. Sitting back on the bed she carefully opened the blanket to reveal an old book. A journal. "What is it?" Emerald asked as Miss Sol opened it with a sad smile. "This used to belong to my master, it held all his thoughts, experiences, and visions," She turned to a page that held a picture of three figures holding an emerald. Emerald's eyes widened as she recognized it. "I saw that," she said as she pointed to the picture. Miss Sol nodded. "I thought you would," she then turned the page to show a few pages completely covered in scribal scrabble as well as some pictures. One drawing caught her attention. A lone figure stood in the corner of the page holding an emerald. It looked like... Her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just added a bit of art work to past chapters. Hope you like it I will keep on working on them. See you in the next chapter. :)

- Grassland