𝐗𝐈 |𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖'𝐒 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄|

Adriano's POV:

➼ ➼ ➼ ➼ ➼ ➼

Two weeks had crawled by like a procession of mourners, each day heavier than the last. The silence was deafening, broken only by the occasional creak of floorboards under the weight of solitude.

The air was heavy with unanswered questions, each one a ghost haunting the mind. Two weeks since Kie had vanished into the shroud of uncertainty, leaving behind a void.

And then there was Mia. Two weeks since our bodies had entangled in the tangled sheets, a desperate attempt to drown out the echoes of loneliness. But now, her presence felt like a distant memory.

Two weeks since I had spoken to her. Two weeks since our last exchange, words hanging in the air like unspoken promises. The silence between them stretched like an abyss, widening with each passing moment.

The weight of the box pressed down on my desk like a heavy burden, its contents a ghastly reminder of the stakes in this deadly game. The severed head of an Italian soldier stared back at me with lifeless eyes for two weeks, a gruesome trophy of Kie's viciousness. Beside it lay the untouched burner phone, its presence a chilling reminder of his reach and influence.

The notes and Post-it reminders scattered across my desk painted a picture of obsession, each scrap of paper a breadcrumb leading deeper into the labyrinth of Kie's world. But amidst the chaos of paperwork and unanswered questions, one truth remained clear – Kie's thirst for power knew no bounds.

The message on the note echoed in my mind, a taunting challenge laced with the promise of salvation.

Hand over what rightfully belongs to me, and perhaps then I'll reveal the whereabouts of your dear father.

It was a cruel ultimatum, a choice between surrendering to Kie's demands or risking the safety of the one person I held dear.

Three weeks ago, I might have been willing to entertain the idea of negotiation, to trade one life for another in a desperate bid for peace. But now, with each passing day shrouded in uncertainty, the notion of capitulation tasted bitter on my tongue.

In the quiet solitude of the night, her memory danced like a flickering flame, casting shadows of longing across the walls of my mind. She wasn't just a passing fancy or a fleeting infatuation; she was the unexpected spark that ignited a fire within me, warming my soul in ways I never knew possible.

It wasn't love, at least not in the conventional sense. But my body hungered for her touch, for the fierce caress of her lips against mine. She wasn't a mere coincidence; she was a serendipitous encounter, a beautiful anomaly that I couldn't shake from my thoughts.

From the moment our paths crossed, it was as if my soul recognized her as its missing piece, whispering in my head, "Oh, there you are, I've been looking for you." She became more than just a passing fancy; she became the melody to which my heart danced, the rhythm that set my spirit free.

Even in her absence, she lingered in the corners of my mind, her presence a constant beacon of warmth and comfort in the cold expanse of solitude. Every night, she was the fire that lit my soul, her essence weaving through my dreams like a delicate tapestry of desire.

But as much as I craved her, as much as I longed to feel her touch once more, I couldn't allow myself to become too attached. The thought of another goodbye, another heartache, was more than I could bear. And yet, despite my resolve to keep my distance, I couldn't deny the fierce determination to keep her safe.

I saw the pain in her eyes when she spoke of her brother, the weight of her burden evident in every tear she shed.

For what we shared may not have been love, but it was something equally as powerful – a connection forged in the depths of longing and desire, a bond that transcended the boundaries of time and space.