Part 18: Crystal Clear

Sparkle and Isaac reached Crystal Cave and started looking. Sparkle suggested they should go to the deepest part of the cave. Like at the Northern Desert. They kept going until they made it to the end. Sparkle glanced around the cave, there were three large crystals, forming a triangle, one purple, one red, and one yellow.

"Wow!" Isaac breathed in wonder. "They're huge!" Isaac touched and it changed color. He jumped back in surprise. Sparkle turned to him and watched him a moment. "Whoa!" He hesitated then touched it again. It changed colors again. "Awesome!" Isaac turned to another and went up to and it changed colors too. He glanced at Sparkle. "Hey, you try."

Sparkle hadn't seen him this excited, she shrugged and touched one. It changed colors as well. (Interesting....)

"I wonder what th..." Isaac's voice trailed off.

Sparkle felt dizzy again, her paw slid off the crystal. (The Dimensional Scream...)

*Flash*

"I see.....Of the three spiritual elements of knowledge, emotion, and willpower...." Sparkle was only hearing voices again. "Azelf is the Being of Willpower. Willpower is the motivation that drives us. It's a unifying power..... To unify is to make one. So, if the colors of the crystals were made into one..... The path should reveal itself. What is the color of Azelf's spirit? That is the question. Azelf lives at Crystal Lake. Then Azelf's spirit must be affected by the crystals..."

*Flash*

"Ugh...." Sparkle held her head, she felt Isaac trying to prevent her from falling.

"You had another vision?" Isaac guessed. Sparkle just nodded. "What did you see?"

Sparkle stepped a bit from Isaac and looked at the crystal again. "I didn't see anything, just heard. It said we should change the colors of the crystals to one color. But only to the color of Azelf's Willpower. And the path will reveal itself."

Isaac was silent, Sparkle figured he was thinking. "Alright, so what color is that then? I mean, we could try every color, but we would be here all day."

"Well...." Sparkle glanced at each crystal. "Azelf is the Willpower Pokémon, and these crystals need to be the color of Azelf's willpower. And.... What if....Azelf's willpower....is what color he is?"

Isaac looked skeptical but nodded slowly. "Okay, it's better than trying each one. He's blue right?"

Sparkle nodded, then touched the crystal again. She kept changing the color until it was blue. She headed towards the last one. As she got closer, she didn't watch where she was going and before she knew it, she bumped into Isaac, who was heading to the same crystal. They both froze, Sparkle's heart started to beat a bit faster. They both tried to move out each other's way, but they just kept running into another. Unknowing to her, they were getting closer to the last crystal. Sparkle tried to avoid eye contact, but she couldn't resist, and she looked up at him. They locked eyes.

"Uuu....Ummm, di...di you want to..." Isaac stuttered.

"I...I me....mean if yo-you want to..." Sparkle swallowed, blushing slightly.

Her heart was beating faster and faster, she realized they were too close to one another that their noses were almost touching. (What's.....What's happening now? Why is this happening?) She couldn't look away from his eyes, no matter how hard she tried to. She didn't know what to do. She started to get nervous. (I...I don't know what to do....) She was so close to him, and for the first time she noticed his scent, which he smelled of mostly Oran Berries, but she also scented a fresh moss, ocean scent. Which, they both spend a lot of time at the beach nearby. And the materials used for bedding and so forth in the guild could explain the fresh moss scent. But....she liked it...She wanted to keep breathing in his scent. It calmed her.