Chapter 5

xxxxxx

~Ivy's point of view:~

xxxxxx

I wake up to the chirping of birds the next morning. I hit my alarm clock to get it to shut up before it can ring and sit up straight. I look at Leo, who is still asleep. I whoop in happiness and quietly get out of bed so he doesn't wake up. It's a perfect opportunity because I don't want to be around him anytime soon.

I slip into the shower and turn on the knob, slightly. I'll stay as far as possible for him. I act weird when I'm around. I nod in approval and pick up the body wash.

A while later, I peek out from behind the bathroom door. Leo is still asleep. I grin and quietly tiptoe out of the room.

I'm greeted by Taylor, who's leaving for breakfast. "Hey Tay. Are Harry and Carl going with you too?"

Taylor laughs. "Carl? Nah, he's too lazy to wake up early in the morning. I'll get him breakfast. Harry will probably come along, I'm waiting for him." I nod.

"Can I come along too?"

Taylor smiles. "Of course, you don't have to ask. Plus, everyone from the basketball team wants to talk to you, so I can introduce you to them if you want."

I grin in response. "Sure, that'd be fun."

We have pancakes for breakfast, and Ms Martha gives me an extra one.

I chat with Taylor and Harry over breakfast while everybody else stares at us. I leave the mess first, trying not to cringe away from all the people staring at me.

Harry walks out a minute later, and we finally leave the mess. I look up at Taylor. "So, what do you like besides playing basketball?"

Taylor blinks for a second. "How'd you kn-" Realizing, he slaps his forehead. "Of course, you've seen all the basketballs and things in my room. Besides basketball? Hmm... I listen to music, I guess?"

"Ooooh," I say. "I love music too. Harry, what about you?" Harry sort of, blushes and I give an amuse smile.

"Oh, nothing much... you know, same old," he says. I give a short confused nod as I divert my attention towards the hallway.

Suddenly, I see someone speeding towards me. My eyes widen and I freeze. The person on the skateboard sees me, but it's too late. Just as I think that I'm done for, a strong hand grips my arm and pulls me aside. The skater holds on to a pillar and steadies himself. I still look blank, not knowing what to do.

I blink a few times, trying to steady myself. A few people yell at the boy on the skateboard, saying he should have been careful. He mutters a sorry to me and bounces off.

Coming back to my senses, I feel someone clear their throat. I look up at a tall guy with his arm wrapped around me. I gasp and quickly move away from him.

"Sorry."

He rubs the back of his neck. A flush creeps up to my cheeks and I look at him from the corner of my eye. "Thank you for saving me."

He smiles. "It's alright." I feel a smile on my face and finally look at his face. I almost gasp.

He was gorgeous.

I feel myself turning even more red. "Umm... I'm uh Ivy! It's nice to meet you." He bites his lip to stop laughing, and I almost cry. He holds my stretched-out hand and shakes it. I'm gonna squeal any moment now. "Hi Ivy. I'm Ray."

I absent-mindedly nod. "Ray..." I finally break my trance and let go of his hand. Just then, someone calls out his name and he looks towards the source. "I should go." I nod quickly. "Yeah, yeah. You should. Thanks again. He smiles and begins walking off, but turns back before disappearing behind the corner. "See you around, Ivy."