Attic Space

In a town that seems to be in the middle of nowhere, it seems like nothing could live in this sleepy, ghost town but yet a team of young adults decide to rent a small two-story house.

Grace

"So why the hell did we have to rent this house and also how many people live here?"

A young man with black hair pulled back with greenish-colored eyes walks up to Grace and glares at the house.

Mike

"Honestly, when we were talking about the house in the car I pictured more of a busy town."

One more person came over. Mike turned his head and stared deeply into the attic window, which was big and round, it looked like a spider web.

Grace

"Mr, I know everything, how is this going to help business?"

Grace turns her head to look at a young man who has dark brown hair that was messy looking. He turned his head to her.

John

"Well. a new place, a new start, and with Mike running an online site, business will be up and going way faster than you think."

Grace rolls her eyes at him.

Grace

"So is Felix and Bri almost here with the tools and other stuff so we can start decorating?"

John turns and looks at Grace right in her shiny hazel eyes. Grace looks away when she realizes he was looking at her, causing her dark multi-colored hair to go right in front of her face. John looks away and looks at the house.

John

"Bri said it would be an hour or two, so knowing those two like six hours from now. I will stop at the hardware store that is right down the road, you and Mike can check out the house."

Grace

"Are you buying paint? Because I believe paint is not going to fix this place."

John

"Not just paint, I need to buy some new tools because we are going to be opening October first to the day of Halloween."

John looks at Mike.

John

"Hey Mike, is everything good?"

Mike turns around and looks at both of them.

John

"Mike everything ok? You seem lost."

Mike

"Yeah, everything's great, when are we opening so I can update the site?"

John

"Like I was saying to Grace, we open the first of October."

Mike gives John a thumbs up, John looks at Grace to see if she is going to say anything or have some relation about Mike acting off but nothing. Grace instead, walks to the door and puts her key into it, turns the key slowly the sound of rusty metal comes out. She pushes the door open very slowly when it fully opens, a very ice-cold wind comes out which felt like she put her hand in snow, and then crawls its way up like a shiver up her spine. John and Mike walks up to the door. Mike looks into the house a two-way staircase and on the right side of the room is a big open room, mostly a living room.

Mike

"Great it's September 13 and we have to get this done by the first of October?"

John

"Yes, not a big deal. We can do that. We just need all hands on deck."

Grace

"Dude this looks like the Goosebumps house that is in Welcome To Dead House!"

John and Mike both look at Grace with a shocked look on their faces.

Grace

"What? I was a Goosebumps kid, nothing wrong with that?"

Grace looks around the room and looks up to see a huge chandelier hanging. At the end of the room next to the stairs stands a grandfather clock. Mike and John come walking in.

Mike

"Wow, I'm shocked that the inside is still in one piece."

Grace

"I really thought there would be a lot of work we would have to do."

Grace starts walking into the living room, John and Mike slowly follow after. The living room was a roundish shape with three windows on the side where the front door is. The whole room was dead, nothing standing, just the marks where there used to be life. On the left side of the room was a big two-way open door to show a retro kitchen that had antiques, pots, pans, and even the sink and stove were very old. Rust had already started to take hold of them. Giving it a feel like it was frozen in time even the wallpaper had a flowery pattern that was a light pink and yellow color.

Grace

"So I say we order takeout because I don't think we can use the stove."

John

"Yeah, I already ordered cheese pizza with cheese sticks."

Grace nodded her head and Mike gave a thumbs up.

John

"Ok, well I'm going to head out, Grace. If you can get the power up and running, that would be great."