Chapter 13- Blood Ties

Akari and the rest of the Night Class walked towards the main building.

Yuki blew her whistle. "Please move aside, the Night Class is going to pass!"

Akari looked around. Where is Zero?

She thought back to her brief encounter with him earlier this afternoon.

Akari walked towards the Moon Dormitory when she noticed someone approached her.

Zero kept an inexpressive face as he walked towards the old faculty building.

Akari looked at her feet as she walked.

Zero walked past her, but stopped a few feet away. "What is your relationship with the transfer student?"

Akari did not look at him. "Are you going to hold me at gunpoint again if I don't answer your question?"

Zero sighed. "If you can't answer my question then forget it."

Akari turned around, but Zero had already left.

Akari stopped walking.

"Is something wrong?" Rima asked.

"I have something I need to do. Go on without me." Akari turned around and ran in the direction of the old faculty building.

Once Akari reached the door, she knocked three times. However, nothing happened.

Akari opened the door and went inside. She gasped when she saw Zero lying on the floor.

Akari knelt beside him and turned him over on his back. 

Zero's uniform was torn and it had dried blood stains.

Akari pressed a hand against his chest and let out a sigh of relief. His injury has healed.

"Don't worry, Lady Akari. He's not going to die." Ichiru approached them.

Akari stood up. "I want you to tell me what happened after I left."

Ichiru sighed. "Zero tried to kill Lady Maria, and she merely defended herself."

"I need to speak with Maria." Akari walked towards the staircase, but Ichiru grabbed her arm.

"Lady Maria is resting in her room since she was wounded by Zero's gun." Ichiru removed his mask and Akari's eyes widened.

He looks just like Zero, she thought.

"Zero must have told you by now that your mother killed our parents." Ichiru said. "I know you have a lot of questions, but please wait a little while longer."

Akari looked into Ichiru's eyes. "Did my mother take you against your will?"

Ichiru shook his head. "I chose to follow her of my own free will."

Akari frowned. "You tried to lecture me earlier, but you abandoned your brother when he needed you most."

Ichiru smirked. "We're alike in that sense."

Akari turned around and walked towards the staircase. No sense in arguing with him.

Ichiru grabbed her arm again. "Where are you going?"

Akari yanked her arm back. "I'm going to wait for Maria and Zero to wake up."

Ichiru watched as Akari sat on the bottom steps of the stairs.

"You can wait wherever you want... just don't disturb her." Ichiru walked up the stairs then disappeared.

A few hours later, Zero begin to stir.