Chapter 33- Tainted Hands

Akari stopped walking when she felt the presence of a Pureblood nearby. "You all can go ahead. I'm going to check if my classmates are okay."

Okay, be careful." Headmaster Cross said.

Then, Akari walked in a different direction.

Akari stopped walking when she was a couple of feet away from Kaname. "Dorm President, did everything go well?"

"The Senate has been taken care." Kaname looked at their surroundings. "What is the situation here?"

"The Night Class, Headmaster Cross, and Mr. Yagari destroyed Rido's servants while Zero and Yuki defeated Rido." Akari explained. "The Hunter Association appeared and tried to hunt the Night Class, but Headmaster Cross and Mr. Yagari stepped in."

"Did the Hunter Association President make an appearance?" Kaname asked.

"Yes...I tried to eliminate the president, but Headmaster Cross stopped me." Akari said. "Headmaster Cross killed the president who had transformed into a vampire after ingesting Rido's blood."

"This is convenient." Kaname remarked. "The hunters should use this opportunity to clean up their association."

"Also, some of the buildings received a lot of damage, and the Moon Dormitory collapsed." Akari added.

"Cross Academy will close while it is repaired." Kaname said. "However, the Night Class will close permanently."

"I see." Akari looked at her feet. I only attended this school for a short time, but I grew accustomed to it.

"You did well, Akari."

"I couldn't do much, so others had to get their hands dirty." Akari muttered.

"You would have died in vain if you went after Rido and the Senate on your own. You did the best you could in your current situation." Kaname said. "You also helped the rest of the Night Class protect the Day Class...I think that's important enough."

"Thank you, Dorm President. I was only able to accomplish my goal because you helped me." Akari said. "I'll be sure to return the favor."

"That's reassuring since I'll need all the support I can get. Now that the Senate is gone, I intend to take over vampire society and create a place where vampires and humans can coexist." Kaname explained. "However, I'm not sure how many vampires will accept me as their leader since I've murdered every member of the Senate."

"If you truly want to create a world where vampires and humans can coexist, then I'll support you." Akari looked into his eyes. "I still don't like you, but I believe vampires and humans can live better lives under your rule."

"What do you intend to do now that you've gotten revenge?" Kaname asked.

"I want to meet with my grandfather." Akari said. "I want to learn more about the Hio Clan and Mother's past."

"I think that's a good idea. You should meet him if you want to learn more about your family." Kaname remarked. "However, he's been asleep for a long time...you might only be able to talk to his servants."

"You said I looked like Lord Hio once...did you ever meet him personally?" Akari asked.

"I visited the Hio residence twice...once as a child and another four years ago. However, I've never met your grandfather. I only saw his portrait." Kaname explained.

"I see." Akari lowered her gaze. The memory I saw of Dorm President in my mother's room must have been four years ago. Why did he visit her though?