Avarice

Moffat and I travelled the world. In my limited scope of life, I hadn't even left my own country. Now, I've seen so many cultures, see the oven speak languages I've never even heard of before.

And I've eaten more pieces of my cousin. We found the rest of his fingers just kilometers from my home town, his other hand in France, his right arm in Baltimore, his left leg in China and his right in India, and his left arm—with the fingers—in the Philippines.

"Hey, Moffat. You were the one who split him up, right?" I question. There wasn't much energy to talk when we were rapid-fire travelling to other countries in search of these hidden relics. "Does that mean I'll have to eat his..." I trail off, knowing full well the oven should understand me.

"That part's in Alabama." It jokes, the smoke from the range burning brighter as I roast some ribs on top of it. "I'm kidding. It's not even ash anymore. You deserve to own one more than he did, bestie."

"Thank God... You're damn right I do." I take a bite into the first set of ribs, cracking the bones with my teeth and swallowing them down whole. The changes to my body have been so immense that I can barely be considered human at this point. In the end, all of my sacrifices will be worth it.

The act of hunting for body parts and the monotony of seated meditation are two completely different stresses. We haven't even been gone ten days, and yet, I know I've gotten so much stronger. My body heals injuries in seconds. I kill people with just my fists. And I require much more food to feel in top shape.

Moffat has been excellent in getting that food for me. Who knew that old, broken ovens were apex predators?