pt. 13

(Izuku's POV)

The days fly by, and even by Thursday, 5 DAYS after the...

-ehem...

the kiss,  I can't focus. Like on anything. The smell of brownies follows me everywhere.

I can still feel my hair being twirled. It's like no matter where I am, Im not really there. I'm still on the couch, still holding on to Kacchan.

Whos acting like it didn't even happen.

After school, I was walking back to my dorm, and Kacchan passed by me and waved. Like a normal human being.

The audacity.

My face reddens as I keep walking.

Does he really not care at all?

Was the kiss a mistake?

(spoiler alert: HE DOES CARE 😭)

I walk in to the dorm to see Uraraka sitting on the stool of the kitchen, her phone floating in front of her face as she types something.

"Hi, Deku! Guess what," she says, not stopping to look at me. 

"Uhhm," I barely speak. I am not in the state to talk right now.

"We're all going to the mall later today!"

"Cool."

"Including Bakugo~"

"oh. OH. I CAN'T COME SORRY-" I say as I rush into my room. I close the door and slide down so I'm sitting against my door. I hear ura's footsteps as she knocks on my door.

"Are you seriously scared of seeing him just because you like him?"

"NO!!!"

"I mean- thats kind of whats happening here."

"ITS NOT MY FAULT HE HASNT SAID ANYTHING!!!!"

"About what?"

"THE KISS!!!!"

I pause. Uraraka gasps from the other side of the door.

"shoot-"

"YOU AND BAKUGO KISSED!?!?!?!"

"I- NO! Kinda? AGHHHH URA HE MESSED WITH MY HAIRRRRR~", 

I say. I grab the broccoli plushie from Kacchan and bury my head in it.

"DAYUM," Ura says. I open the door and let her into my room. She walks in and as soon as she does, she bonks me on the head.

"-UH. OW!?"

"YOU HAVE  TO COME NOW!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! AVOIDING HIM WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!"

"....ok," I mumble.

"I NEED ENERGY!?!?"

"...OK!"

"There we go," she says before opening the door again.

"We head to Momo's new car in an hour," she yells before leaving the dorm.

I run over to my closet and pick out a light green zip up hoodie and throw it over my basic white t-shirt. I roll up my baggy jeans to put on my red sneakers before I roll my jeans back down. I grab my tiny backpack I took jogging that one time, and put some loose cash and my card in it. 

I head out and pace back in forth in the kitchen before I finally cave and text Kacchan.

"hey c: you coming to the mall?"

"ye. see u soon."

"ok :>"

I put my phone back in my pocket as I put my head in my hands. 

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

Before I know it, I'm in Momo's car, and we're on our way to the mall. Almost the whole class is here, except Mineta and Kouda. Kouda wanted to clean his dorm without disturbance, and Mineta got kicked out. We arrive at the mall and everyone runs out of the car and towards the front gate. I see Uraraka whisper in Minas ear and she shoots me a wink.

Ohhhh no.

I look at Kacchan to see his eyes fleeting. 

was he looking over here?

OH MY GOSH WAS HE LOOKING AT ME??

I stare down at my shoes as we walk into the first store. 

All the girls flood towards the jewelry and the guys hang back by the t-shirts. Except Kacchan. He's outside the store, on a bench. I head over at sit down next to him, but leave a space so I don't absolutely freak out. 

"Hi, Kacchan!" I say, resisting the urge to squeal really loudly like a little kid.

"Hey."

Oh my lord I cant- 

EHEM.

"Sooo. how's it goin."

"Meh."

"Oh. ouch."

"Yeah, Mina's been pestering me since we walked in."

"oh um I'm really sorry-"

"It's ok, nerd, I get it. You had to tell someone. I already told Shitty Hair and Sparky anyway."

"-Oh."

"mhm."

"-Wait. So it's not just me thats been thinking about it all week?"

"....Don't push it, Freckles."

Freckles.

GOD, I loved when he called me that.

EHEM!!

"Right, sorry," I say. I have NO idea what I'm doing.

He turns and sits cross-legged, fully facing me now. He looks to my freckles, and I see his eyes shift from freckle to freckle. I feel my face heat up as he shifts to look into my eyes. 

"You guys are like, scary gay," Kaminari says from the store window.

"DAMNIT, SHUT UP PIKACHU," Kacchan yells at him, and Kaminari walks off.

I laugh. Kacchan turns his head to see me giggling to myself like a toddler. 

Suddenly, everyone walks out of the store and we start walking to the food court.