6. Exhale

'chapter 6, exhale'

'chapter 6, exhale'

Back home with everyone, we are now at the dinner table eating hamburgers and fettuccine with vegetables

"Why are these called hamburgers when they're not made of ham?" Avery makes a good point by asking.

"That's a good question, Avery."
Miles says.

"Despite the hamburger being quintessential American, it actually originated in Hamburg, Germany. However, pizza is most definitely Italian." Matt explains.

"This is just a ploy to tell us how they met." Zach whispers into Chloe's ear, making her giggle.

"Oh god." Avery says, getting bored with the story that hasn't been told yet.

"We were both backpacking abroad."

"In Italy, the smell of chianti, pizza, and Bolognese is in the air."

"We know, dad. You've told us before." As she sighs, Avery says.

"Well, Zoey and Madison don't." Connie says.

"We would love to hear." Zoey refers to her and chloe.

"We just graduated from college." Matt says.

"We were just taking our time trying to figure out our future." Connie says.

"Two lost souls."

"Well, I was literally lost, and my Italian was failing me and nobody spoke English. I was trying to find the train station."

"And we bumped into each other, both of us with our heads buried in our 'Let's Go Europe' books."

"Yes, and that was our meet-cute."
Connie says, grasping Matt's hand.

"I love it, and you guys seem so compatible." Zoey says.

"I think we are." While Matt kisses her hand, Connie says.

"You both fell in love over pizza. Guess that's why I like it so much." Avery says, making everyone laugh with her comment.

"Oh, me too. I love pizza so much." Zach says.