Chapter 27 - A Long Awaited Encounter

Your POV

My raven-black hair swished, settling gracefully after the impact. The common chatter that filled the classroom stopped immediately. I hadn't expected anything less and I maintained a soft smile as my back pressed against the cool wall. My fingers secretly slid beside me and found the edge of the door. Slowly, so as not to startle him, I closed it shut.

We were inches apart. He wasn't touching me, which in a way, indicated that he respected my personal space. Or that could have been driven by the fear of another knockout blow. Ha, I was never going to let him live that down.

Still, if anyone else had been in my place, they'd likely be knocked out cold. His attacks have improved. He's actually thinking - and rationally at that.

For a moment, he remained silent, his glare piercing into me. I shifted my gaze away from his to examine the arm that blocked my escape. The white, short-sleeve uniform top revealed his bare arm and I couldn't help but notice that it was jacked, even more so than the last time I saw him.

Now how could that have happened when I know for a fact he was interning with the fashionista of all people?

"I've been wanting to get an answer out of you for the longest time," He grumbled, speaking up at last. 

I turned my head to face him and look him in the eye again. "Have you?" I asked with a steady tone. "Were you thinking about me all week, Blondie?"

He clenched his fist so tight, I could hear his grip hardening in my ear. "Day after day," He said with a low and furious voice. "I tried telling Nezu about it but he wouldn't have it."

Blondie's gaze never left mine. The only part of his body that moved an inch was his lips as he continued talking. "He didn't let me see you, talk to you; the man didn't leave me alone, damn it! For fear that I'd crack under pressure or some stupid crap like that."

"Well you obviously are if you're breaking his rules now." I pointed out. 

"LISTEN TO ME, DUMBASS!" He yelled. "He FINALLY decided to let me ask you about it AFTER waiting until the Sports Festival and this week had passed! I'm finally here and I want my answers!"

I squinted my eyes in slight disgust. I hoped all this yelling wouldn't lead to him accidentally spraying me. 

Blondie was still pinning me to the wall, looking more irritated than ever. My smile softened. "Well go ahead. Now I'm curious." 

He's waited this long... And deep down I did wonder what haunted him so much that it lead to him cornering me the moment I stepped through the door. 

Blondie's eyes sharpened. His crimson glare bore into my very soul and I could practically taste the anticipation. The students behind him were glancing anxiously at each other. Eyes darted nervously, locking onto one another and then quickly breaking away, as if afraid to hold a gaze for too long. 

Blondie inhaled a sharp breath and sighed. "Tell me the truth. You were getting something out of it, weren't you, Villain?"

"Name-calling? I thought you were above that stuff." I let out with a taunting smile. I'm one to talk. 

"DON'T change the subject!" He retorted, his fist colliding with the wall in a burst of frustration. "Answer my question."

I leaned back, my spine grazing the cold surface. "I can't," I replied, slightly annoyed. "Unlike you, I don't spend my time fixating on someone for over a week. You'll have to be more specific."

"The Sports Festival." Blondie grumbled. "My Quirk."

I groaned. "Ugh, why is everyone so obsessed with their Quirks nowadays? What would I have to do with the Sports Festival or your stupid Quirk...."