Faith Over fear

Do you ever struggle with fear?

Well God tells us 365 times that we dont have to be afraid because He is with us through our battles and the things that we face in life about a year ago I experience something that was horrible and I was afraid but now as time went on I have started to realized that God is right beside me and I can count on Him even through the battle we faced no matter how scary they are God is right there in the middle of it.

Faith over fear means regardless on how scared we get we can trust God through it and it doesnt mean its easy but we can depend on the Lord to help us get through the battles we faced.

Psalms 27:1 NKJV

1. The Lord is my light and salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is my strength of life; Of whom I be afraid?

Meaning the Lord is the strength of my life. David also confesses that the Lord is the strength of his life. The word strength in the verse often refers to a fortress of a similar stronghold. And David is inviting us to consider what a fortress is like. A fortress is strong.

Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

10. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Meaning: God knows thoroughly. He knows we get worried or become anxious. He knows were human. And yet, God gives us many reminders to fear not. To fear not means to trust God instead of believing our present situation is bigger than God Is. God wants us to trust him. To trust that he will be enough, no matter what.

What does it mean to have Faith in Jesus?

Hebrews 11:1 NKJV

1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, for the evidence of things not seen

Having confidence and hope in the promised word of God as revealed to you. What we have seen of Gods nature and character should lead us to trust Him, and trust naturally leads to obedience>

1 Corinthians 13:2 NKJV

2. And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing

Paul is demonstrating just how worthless the spiritual gifts are when attempted without love for other believers. The Corinthians valued these gifts highly, apparently elevating those among them with the gifts of tongues and prophecy as the more spiritual,

and loving and that He is with us through every circumstance. Faith in God allows us to find peace, hope, and courage even in the midst of fear and to live with a sense of purpose and meaning that transcends our present circumstances.

Growing in Faith and Letting go fear

A question we need to ask ourselves: What are we trying to bear that Jesus bore? We talked about how fear came to be. Now lets talk about restoring safety with God and living faith over fear.

Have you ever been afraid of something that happened to you? Or felt like you were fighting a battle on your own? Well

The five simple ways you can begin to learn to walk by faith and not by fear.

1. spend time in prayer and meditation one of the best ways to deepen your faith is by spending time in prayer and meditation. Take time each day to reflect on Gods character and promises, and ask for His guidance and wisdom in your life. Journaling, scripture reading, and listening to worship music in your life,

2. surrender control. walking by faith requires surrendering control over your life to Go. This can be difficult, as we often want to hold on to our own plans and agendas. However, true faith involves trusting Gods plans are better than our own and that He is working all things together for our good.

3. seek wise counsel. Walking by faith doesnt mean we have to go it alone. Seek wise counsel from trusted friends, mentors, or pastors or pastors wife who can offer support and guidance on your journey. Its important to surround yourself with people who will help you stay accountable to your values and goals.

4. step out in obedience. Faith requires action. As you seek to walk by faith, be willing to step out in, obedience to what God is calling you to do. This may involve taking risks, facing challenges, or making sacrifices. Trust that God will provide the strengths and resources you need to follow His lead.

5. embrace a long term perspective, finally, walking by faith requires embracing a long term perspective. Recognize that your journey of faith will have ups and downs and that there may be seasons of waiting, struggle, or disappointment. However, trust that God is faithful and that He is working all things together for your good. Keep your fixed on Him, and stay committed to growing your faith over time.