The Blood of Jesus

(devotion #2)

The Blood Of Jesus
Did you know that if we plead the blood of Jesus over us that the devil must flee?
What does the blood of Jesus mean to you?
Here are some scriptures that talks about the blood of Jesus.
Hebrews 9:12 NKJV
12. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
Since Christ serves as a high priest in heaven, not on earth, His service is in the “true” holy places. Rather than being a shadow or symbol, Christ’s actions are the “real deal.” Christ’s sacrifice is also superior to the old covenant’s use of animal sacrifices.
Colossians 1:14 NKJV
14. in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Concludes that thought, with a reminder of what Jesus has done: He has provided redemption. Redemption is a theme of both the Old and New Testament, from the redemption of the Passover Lamb to the redemption of Christ on the cross.

It wasn’t just because of Jesus’ love for His Father that He went along with it, His love and compassion towards us. He witnessed, firsthand, the curse of evil that had spread through out humankind, and He longed for us to be purged from the wickedness, knowing it was only His blood that contained the necessary healing and purification properties. Jesus wanted us to receive the power that His blood contained. He knew, if we accepted our new life in Him, then we, too, would receive His power of the blood of Jesus.
The blood is mentioned 460 times in the Bible. Fourteen times in the New Testament Jesus spoke of His own blood. Why? Because by the shedding of His blood, He accomplished the possibility of our salvation. He paid the penalty for our sins and redeemed us. The penalty for our sins and rebellion is death; but Jesus loved us enough that He was willing to lay down His life and took the penalty we deserved. That is what the cross is about. The blood of Jesus Christ was not to only redeem us but also justifies us. Being justified means more than forgiven. I can say, “I forgive you,” but I can’t justify you. But God not only forgives the past He also clothes you in righteousness. Yet it cost the blood of His only son on the cross so we could live eternity with Him in heaven one day.
Also let me throw this in there God also said very clearly that we are to forgive those who does wrong to us regardless of who it is  because He forgave us when we did wrong and He also said that if we didn’t forgive others that he won’t forgive us either and that also means once He forgives you of that sin you did you turn away from it and not keep don’t the same thing you were forgiven for. because you are a Christian doesn’t mean that gives you the right to do anything we pleased if you are a true christian we are to live like it no matter who is watching us or not. We can’t live like the world and serve God either you are either in or out not half way.
6 benefits of the Blood of Jesus
The new covenant 1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NKJV
23. For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24. and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said “take, eat this is my body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
25. In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying “This cup the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.’’
A covenant is an agreement made between two or more people with terms and conditions attached. The covenant of Jesus made with us is much more than a verbal agreement or contract. Jesus made this powerful statement on the cross. He died as a sin offering us, crucified for our inequities, and pierced for our sins. When Jesus laid down His life for ours, he made an eternal covenant with us that can never be broken, undermined, or reversed. This is an agreement with God Himself that cannot be revoked because the blood of His son was shed for us.
The covenant we have with God is similar to a marriage covenant, yet, far more powerful. In the same way that two become one in marriage, when you enter a covenant with God, we become one with Him. It is a higher covenant than any enforced upon you from birth. When you enter the covenant of the blood of Jesus it supersedes every other covenant that you made in your entire life. The blood breaks the power of all other covenants.

1. Jesus’ Blood Speaks’ Better things’: Mercy
When you covenant with Jesus you are covered by the blood that screams mercy over your life. We need to come to the revelation that everything we acquire in life, we acquire by mercy. There is no room for condemnation or guilt because His blood speaks redemption, and forgiveness.

2. The Blood of Jesus provides Forgiveness of sin:
Sin is defined as missing the mark. And the mark is to worship God through His Son, Jesus. To not recognize Jesus as Lord and Savior is sin. Sins on the other hand, are things we do that are contrary to the Word of God such as fornication, adultery, lying, stealing, pride, arrogance, etc. the blood of Jesus does not only deal with SIN but SINS as well. It is a total, all encompassing forgiveness. When a person gives their life to God, there are things that they have done (or continue to do) that are not in line with the will of God. The enemy then introduces guilt by trying to convince the person that what they have done (or still do) is beyond God’s forgiveness. But the Bible tells us that when we repent, ALL is forgiven.

3. The Blood of Jesus Provides justification:
Justification is a process through which a person is declared not guilty. When the blood of Jesus cleanses you, it is as if you have never sinned before. The blood justifies you, and because you are justified, you are spared from God’s wrath. According to God’s justice system, a sin cannot be punished twice. Because Jesus took all the punishment, none of that punishment can be accounted to you anymore. You stand before God justified and righteous, your past is over, and the door of destiny stands open before you. The blood of Jesus speaks on your behalf and completely cleanses you. You are justified because of the justice of Jesus, not by your own ability.
struck down. There is a mystery in the blood of Jesus that cannot be understood or comprehended by darkness or Satan himself; He reveals it to us, His children. When we enter into relationship with God, the covenant with Jesus stands for us. If we invoke the mystery

4.  We are Healed by the Blood:
Isaiah 53:5, NKJV
5.  But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Healing is not a function of your righteousness; it is a function of the blood. You are healed because Jesus gave His body for you. When you are sick, invoke the virtue in His blood! His body was broken, so that yours doesn’t have to be broken. Sickness can come, but the blood of Jesus stands against it.

5.  By Jesus’ Blood, We are Sanctified:

Hebrews 10:10, NKJV
10. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

We as believers are washed spotlessly clean and sanctified by His blood. Sanctification is a process through which something is set aside for a greater use. We are set aside as an object of God’s affections and jealousy. We are the apple of His eye. When we are sanctified, we are no longer commune to the world of the things the Blood of Jesus has cleansed.

6. We are Redeemed by the Blood of Jesus:
Jesus redeemed us: He came and paid the price by giving His own blood to pay for all of our sin/s. So, if you have ever wondered what your value is in the blood of Jesus! Jesus bought us with His own blood, which means that your value is more important to Jesus. That is how priceless and precious you are to Him; to be bought with His blood. We are no longer slaves to sin because we  are redeemed by the blood of Jesus.  Satan does not have a single control over you. because we are belong to the Lord. no matter how tough it gets we can be assured that the blood of Jesus will cover us because the blood of Jesus is so powerful that it defeats the devils attacks because we are covered by His blood. If you don’t know what the blood is about and you want to receive that precious blood of Jesus you can because the blood of Jesus will change your life.