The power of the name of Jesus

Why is the power of the name of Jesus important?

The name of Jesus carries inherent power to cause every adverse thing to bow and will pull you out of whatever youve ben stuck in. there is healing and deliverance available in the name of Jesus. If you want to turn the battle around, draw a line in the sand against the forces of evil, and shout the name of Jesus!

John 6:35 KJV 35.) And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. Christ is so called, because he gives life to dead sinners: men in a state of nature and dead in trespasses and sins; and whatever they feed upon tends to. Jesus did not mean that continual dependence on Him was unimportant. He meant that believing in him would satisfy the basic human need and desire of life.

1 Corinthians 5:4 KJV 4.) in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, Here Paul details a grievous sin: the believers in Corinth have failed to rebuke a member who is coming incest with his fathers wife. They must remove him from the church and turn him over to Satan in hopes of ultimate salvation.

Philippians 2:9-11 KJV 9.) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10.) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of thing in heaven, and things in earth and things under the earth; 11.) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to glory of God the Father. Are speaking of the victory, yet look and see what had just happened beforehand. Jesus endured the pain of the cross, the weight of our sin, the death that we all deserved. He bore that and therefore, God exalted him to the highest place.

2 Thessalonians 1:12 KJV 12.) That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. By making it clear that only the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Chris could bring about the kind of life that reflects Jesus Character and conduct, no one can lead a Christ like life in his own strength; it requires Gods grace.

By doing so, he infused the name of Jesus with divine power. The name of Jesus is intimately tied to salvation. Peter said it is the only name by which we can be saved. In fact, the name means Yahweh is salvation. Thus, it has central role in evangelization.

here are 7 ways that the describes why the name of Jesus is powerful.

When we call a person by their name, we are, in a sense , proclaiming the meaning behind that name as well. Perhaps this why God renamed several of His children throughout the Bible to one that was more fitting for the way He viewed them and their calling on earth. So what is it that we proclaim when we speak the name of Jesus? And do we as Christians, have power in the name of Jesus!

1. This name represents God the Father, the creator of the heavenly and earth. God the Father controls all powers in heaven and on earth.the name Jehovah means "The everlasting or The eternal" He is also referred as the great i am indeed through the scripture he calls himself; almighty, shield, strong tower, the God o Abraham, and in the New Testament Jesus called Him "Abba, Father" and the Apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit also calls Him " Abba, Father.

2. The Holy Spirit. The name of Jesus is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. in the New Testament the Holy Spirit comes to us in person to glorify Christ in every believer as He works to create God's family on earth, God the Holy Spirit is the comforter whom Jesus promised his followers was going to come as he depart to sustain them.

3. Above all names. God has put the name of Jesus above all names. the name of Jesus stands out as a name above all other names, Paul declares that God gave Jesus the name above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth, and every tongue acknowledges that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

4. All Heavenly powers/ fire. The name of Jesus Christ is backed up by all Gods heavenly powers. In the spirit world, the name Jesus is surrounded by heavenly fire. The devil cannot withstand the divine fire generated at the mention of the Name of Jesus Christ. Fire from heaven comes to show Gods presence, to show acceptance, to execute judgment, to purify, to guide.

5. Blood of Jesus Christ. The name of Jesus Christ invokes the Blood that Jesus shed on the cross for our salvation. The devil hates anything having to do with the Blood of Jesus. Blood of Christ, also known as the most precious blood, in Christian theology refers to the physical blood actually shed by Jesus on the cross.

6. This name saves us. This name Jesus means savior saving us from all wicked forces, including death. The Lord is salvation. "The scriptures couple Gods name and salvation to communicate that the Lord, and alone he saves his people from evil by sovereign grace.

7. The name is eternal. Unlike earthly names and the devils name the name of Jesus Christ is eternal. It will live forever. We always read in the Bible that God is eternal. By definition, the word eternal means without an end and without a beginning, which is what God is. He has no end and no beginning and yet he is the beginning and the end of things. He was never and is never to experience death.