Perseverance

Perseverance means:

before delving into what the Bible says about perseverance, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of this concept. Perseverance, in the context of Christian faith, denotes the steadfast endurance and resilience in the face of adversity, hardships, and challenges.

Do you struggle with perseverance?

Galatians 6:9 NKJV

9. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we will reap if we do not lose heart.

Doing good because God makes a promise to all believers that if they stay strong and continue to do good, believers will reap a harvest at the proper time. Getting encouraging ups not to give up. It might be hard, but it will be worth it.

Romans 5:3-5 NKJV

3. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing the tribulation produces perseverance;

4. and perseverance, character, and character, hope.

5. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

We have peace with God and stand in His grace. We rejoice both in the hope of Gods glory and in our temporary suffering. We have hope that will not disappoint, because God has already proved His love for us God has made peace with us. We stand in His grace, and we rejoice in the sure hope that we share in His glory. Our suffering brings growth, which leads to even more potent hope. God has proven His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. His love has been poured in our hearts. In other words, God will always, always keep His promises to us because He loves us. By the love of God is meant, not that love which we love God, for hope does not depend upon, nor is it supported by out love and obedience to God; Confidence in God does not sham us; rather, it is reinforced because of the certainty that He fulfills His promise.

James 1:2-4 NKJV

2. My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,

3. knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

4. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Is a message of encouragement and spiritual wisdom that we should give thanks for the trials of our life, for through the we strengthen and confirm our faith in God. Trials, the worlds oppression, take place with Gods permission. James gives the beginning of his answer to why God would ask us to do that. Its About faith. Its about trusting God. God wants us to respond to trials to the hard things in our lives in a way that demonstrates our trust in Him. James writes that we shouldnt make the point of our lives an all-out effort to avoid trials. Instead, we should make the most of them by letting endurance trusting God through another trial create the result in us hat it always does. Namely, more maturity, and more trust in God.

Romans 2:7 NKJV

7. eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

God will render eternal life to those who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immorality. Our perfect father accepts us without condition based on our receipt of the completed work if Jesus on the cross by faith, but He will only approve and reward. A perfectly truthful, sincere person would follow Gods will perfectly for their entire life and that would mean salvation.

Philippians 3:13-14 NKJV

13. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,

14. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Dont give up. Jesus uses our struggles as a way to develop and fine tune our relationship with Him. Our struggles can point of our faith we must preserve and not give up. No matter what, every situation has an opportunity for perseverance that builds trust and increases our faith to keep going and hold on to the Lord firmly. We may face struggles while serving Him, but when we trust Him through those trials, we can claim victory in Jesus through perseverance.

What does the word perseverance mean to you?

Here are 5 things the Bible says about perseverance:

1. Draw close to God:

During times of perseverance, make it a personal strategy to spend even more time in the Lords presence and to draw your strength from Him and not people or things. His presence means that we can call on Him at any time and that our lives will bring about fruit as we continue to stand in faith.

2. Hold on to Hope:

Jeremiah was tasked with preaching Gods word to his people. He persevered by continually preaching and teaching Gods word, despite all that was done to him. Jeremiah faced threats, prison, and much more that his perseverance was easy. We have to learn to overcome obstacles, difficulties, trails and tribulations in order to experience victory in Christ. All perseverance calls to a decision to be made in the heart.

3. Be patient in prayer:

Times of perseverance call us to step up our prayer life. We can have confidence and boldness to come to the Lord with all our request, needs, petitions. Jesus tells us the parable of the persistent widow who goes before a judge, who doesnt fear God or man. She pleads with the judge to right a wrong done to her, by her adversary. She continually pleaded with him to do so. After a while, the judge caved, and even though he didnt fear God or man, he avenged her. She essentially wore him down. The parable gores on to highlight how God will avenge his children even more swiftly than an earthly judge, when we continually cry out to God. he hears us. It shows us to be persistently pleading with God, talking to Him, praying and persevering in faith, he hears our prayers and listens to His children.

4. keep up doing good you were doing:

Through hardships and trail, we withdraw from the work we are doing, the service we are giving. While you are persevering, it is not the time to stop doing good. Doing good is a characteristic of a believer. and we should continue in this discipline of blessing others with our lives, while we are persevering. Sowing seeds of trust in the Lord, hoping for our own harvest.

5. Do not give in to fear:

We face difficult times and pressure; it is natural to be tempted to give in to fear. The enemy will try to put you in that position and will launch a full-scale attack on your thoughts and feeling. But we have the power to put the devil on the run by pleading the blood of Jesus over that situation. We are not to put ourselves in a position that will compromise our relationship with the Lord to begin with if you are really sold out to Jesus than we should never let the enemy have control over us.

Perseverance involves staying faithful to Gods promises, trusting in His guidance, and relying on His strength to overcome all obstacles, the doctrine of perseverance teaches that all true believers will indeed persevere in the faith (that ism not in unbelief) until the end of their lives. The biblical definition of persevere connotes steadfastness under pressure and endurance in the face of trials.