【CHAPTER 15: DUSTIN】

One of her reasons

   TIME flies so fast. Another year has ended. It's already the first week of February, Ashiro Thunder's 4th birthday is coming. Isang taon na simula nang bumalik si Rara. But until now, I still don't know the main reasons why she disappeared.

Rara was acting as if nothing happened between us, which was so strange. Dapat tanda niya 'yon dahil ako ay medyo tanda ko pa.

Like what she promised to me, Rara stayed throughout the year.

Palagi na siyang nasa tabi ko, tumutulong sa pag-aalaga sa anak ko. Her father and her brothers treated my son as if they shared the same blood. Pangarap ko lang ito noon, iyong makasama ang ina ng anak ko at bumuo kami ng isang pamilya.

Even without confirmation coming from Rara, I already feel she is the one. She's the baby mama.

My dream bar launched five months ago, and I named it' the anchor'. I got the name from what my job symbolizes, and so does the tattoo on the back of my left arm.

It was already delayed when my son came into my life, and I am now fulfilling it.

Si Rara ang interior designer at si Dwight naman ang kinuha kong architect para sa aking bar. I don't know how they met for the discussion, but there were times when the three of us held a meeting at the mansion.

And yes, I'm aware that they have beef with each other because of me.

"Your brother hates me!" Rara lashed out and aggressively sat back from the sofa. "He cornered me outside the restroom! And guess what?! He told me, straight to my face, that he hates me because I left you!"

My lips parted as she complained frustratedly. I panicked when tears dropped from her magnificent eyes. Pinupunasan ko ang mga luha niya sa tuwing dumadaloy ang mga 'to.

"We were just best friends, 'di ba? Why does your brother talk as if we dated before?"

My heart was hurt after hearing her statement.

"We were best friends. . . We were like siblings, twins. The last time I wanted was to have someone hating me."

She cried even harder as I was focused on how my heart shattered in her every word. Indirect rejection hurts more, huh?

"Ang dami ko nang pinagdaanan sa nakalipas na dalawang taon. . . I can't even remember my last memories because I had partial amnesia-"

"What did you say?!"

Awtomatikong umahon ako mula sa pagkakaupo. She gasped when I shouted. Kinalma ko ang sarili at tumitig sa kaniya nang mas malalim, sinisisid ang mga iba't-ibang emosyon sa kaniyang mga mata.

"Ulitin mo ang sinabi mo, Rara," I demand authoritatively.

I saw how her lips quivered and the tears cascading from her eyes descend faster.

"I-I have amnesia, Tintin. . ." Her voice broke in painful cries. "Two years ago, something happened to me- I don't remember any of it anymore. Basta pumunta kami sa hospital na may mga alaala pa ako sa nakaraan, pero lumabas akong wala ni isa."

She looked at me, and our eyes met in a dramatic way. Parang bumagal ang paligid habang ang paningin ko'y nanlabo at tanging si Rara lamang ang malinaw sa akin. The oxygen in the living room thinned.

"I remember everything from my childhood and when we met, but what happened before your birthday came- I don't remember anything. I had partial amnesia and was diagnosed with PTSD. I got Post-traumatic stress disorder because of what happened in the past, which got erased in my brain. I undergo several treatments such as councils with my mental health provider- my psychotherapists."