~Two~

Author's Pov

Aradhana entered the living room and was met with a smile from her client. 'Hello, Granny, how are you?' she asked, giving her a hug.

'I'm doing well, dear. Thank you for coming over on such short notice,' Grandmother replied.

'It's no problem at all. You know I'm always happy to help you with your makeup,' Aradhana said with a smile.

They both sat down on the comfortable sofa, and the grandmother handed Aradhana a glass of water. 'So, let's talk about tomorrow's makeup. What are you thinking?' Aradhana asked, taking out her notebook and pen.

'Well, I want something elegant and classy, but not too over the top. After all, it's just a small gathering with family and a few close friends,' the grandmother explained. 

Aradhana nodded, scribbling down notes as her granny continued to describe her vision. 'I was thinking of a soft, smokey eye and a pop of color on the lips. What do you think?' Granny asked, looking at Aradhana, for her opinion.

I think it would suit your skin tone perfectly,' Aradhana said, leafing through her makeup to show her granny the shades she had in mind. 

After finalizing the look, they chatted about other things, catching up on each other's lives. Mrs. Khurana was like a grandmother to Aradhana, and she always cherished their conversations.

..................

Aradhana's Pov

As I entered my home, I could smell the aroma of my mother's cooking. I smiled to myself, feeling grateful for having such a loving and caring mother. I quickly freshened up and joined my mother at the dining table.

'Welcome home, beta,' my mother greeted me with a warm smile.

'Thank you, Ma,' I replied, giving her a hug.
During dinner, I was telling her about my day. She listened attentively.

After dinner, I went back to my room and made a call to my best friend, Tanvi. We talked for a while, sharing our lives. After nearly an hour, I fell asleep.

............

Rishabh's Pov

I sat on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I could still feel the tension at the dinner table, even though it had been a few hours since we finished eating. I didn't understand why my grandmother insisted on inviting Mrs. Bhatia's family over. I didn't want to see them.

I lost myself in my thoughts; I didn't realize that my grandmother had entered the room until she spoke. 

'Beta, are you okay?' She asked while sitting down next to him on the bed.  

I sighed and looked at her. 'I just don't understand why you insisted on inviting Mrs. Bhatia's family. They haven't been a part of our lives for so long; why do we need to include them now?'

Granny put her hand on my arm and said, 'I know this is difficult, but they're still your family, and I'd like you to keep in touch with them.

As we both got ready for bed, I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. I knew that the next day was going to be difficult, but I also knew that I had my grandmother's support. And that was enough to give me the strength to face Mrs. Bhatia's family.

Author's Pov

Next day

It was Rishabh's grandmother's birthday party and he was all set to turn heads in his all black outfit. He is RK after all.