~Ten~

Hey, Beautiful People!

Happy Holi

I'm back with another chapter.

Enjoy it, but don't forget to vote and comment!!!!

Aradhana's Pov

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds and rays of warm sunlight gently touching my face through the window. I couldn't help but feel a sense of peace. It was a beautiful morning, and for a moment, I forgot all my worries.

But then, as I looked around, I saw the blanket covering me, and all the memories from last night came rushing back. I felt a pang of sadness in my heart. I didn't want to cry, but it was hard not to. I knew I had to be strong.

I got out of bed and saw that he was not in the room. 'Thank God,' I thought to myself. I didn't want to face him after what happened last night. I stood up and went to the washroom to freshen up.

As I looked in the mirror, I saw that my eyes were puffy and red from crying. I took a deep breath and told myself to be strong. I washed my face and did my morning routine, trying to put on a brave face.

I decided to wear a red saree. It always made me feel confident and beautiful. I did my normal makeup and looked at myself in the mirror. I may have been sad on the inside, but on the outside, I looked composed.

 I may have been sad on the inside, but on the outside, I looked composed

As I made my way downstairs and descended the stairs, I saw Granny sitting on the couch, reading her newspaper. She looked up and smiled at me, 'Aradhana beta, you woke up so early.'

I just nodded and bent down to take her blessing, a custom I had grown to love and cherish. My grandmother-in-law patted my head lovingly and said, 'Beta, you don't have to do this. You are like my own granddaughter; your place is in my heart, not at my feet.'

Her words touched my heart, and I felt a surge of warmth and happiness. I knew I was lucky to have such a loving and kind Granny.

'Okay, now that you wake up so early, we can do the ritual of your pehli rasoi,' my grandmother-in-law said, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

(Pehli rasoi, or the first kitchen ritual, was a tradition in our family where the new bride would cook a sweet dish for the family.) 

Granny called Parvati, the caretaker, and asked her to take me to the kitchen and introduce me to the staff.

'Aradhana beta, you make a sweet dish, and the other staff members will take care of the rest of the breakfast,' Granny said.

I nodded eagerly, and Parvati Didi led me to the kitchen. As we entered, I saw a team of chefs and cooks busy preparing breakfast. They all greeted me with warm smiles, and Parvati Didi introduced me to each one of them.