The Discovery

The bell rang and people started walking out of the classroom, all headed to the cafeteria.

Lorie who had been feeling anxious for over 40 minutes now, was relieved to hear the bell, regardless of the annoying, loud sound it makes.

1989 grabbed her girlfriend's hand, walked outside, and stood at the door while everyone was still leaving. Lorie could see the worry in her eyes as she just stared blankly at their interlocked fingers.

,,Okay, so... I dont even know how to say this"

,,Youre stressing me out, please just tell me what's going on"

1989 stared at the last person leaving before she looked back at Lorie and tried to form a coherent sentence.

Hear goes nothing

,,Okay basically, before we even met, that detail is very important, I went to a party with Red and Rep, a party Midnights hosted. And basically I was kinda drunk, and I think she was too and we...  But she had a girlfriend, I know what a bitch for cheating on her, okay i'm not totally innocent here but back to the main subject. Anyways so the said girlfriend found out thursday, well Midnights told her, she said she's trying to be a better person or whatever, and her girlfriend punched me but now everyone knows what happened between us. Not that there is an us, i'm with you, I like you, I dont wanna be with Midnights. And I guess I didn't tell you cause first you werent even in my life back then and second I didn't want you to leave me."

After blurting all of this out, 1989 tried to catch her breath as she straightened her neck to look at Lorie's reaction. She didn't know if she was gonna be sad, confused, mad or all three at once.

Folklore was taking in all the informations that were just thrown in her face in so little time, trying to process and make sense of everything.

,,Lorie are you m-"

She couldn't finish her last word before Folklore cut her off.

,,Jesus you scared me. I thought you cheated on me or something."

,,What? I'd ever cheat on you."

,,Okay so let me recap, Midnights cheated on her girlfriend with you and then her girlfriend punched you while I was sick at home."

,,Yes but she got expelled. Anyways, tell me how you're feeling? Are you mad? Sad? Disappointed? I'd totally get it if-"

,,Do you have feelings for her?"

,,Mid?? No."

,,Okay then why would I have a problem. Like you said we didn't know each other back then. I'm just a little hurt that you didn't tell me sooner but I can get over that. Plus it's not like i'm gonna ask you to stop seeing her, she still needs your help in tutoring."

,,You are literally the best girlfriend in the whole wild world."

1989 wrapped her arms around Folklore and planted a bunch of kisses on her cheeks before releasing her from the embrace so they could go join their friends.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The rest of the week flew by quickly. Nothing much had changed, Rep and Lover were still all over each other at school, 1989 and Lorie were as solid as ever and except for Red not being as boy crazy as she usually was, everything was the same.