ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6

ℜ𝔞𝔫𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨'𝔰 ℜ𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫

ℜ𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔗𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔩𝔰
_______

I skipped breakfast once more because the message from Fig was way more important. We wondered what the significance of the locket was that we found over the pensive in Gringotts.

I made my way to Professor Fig's classroom. It was empty, per usual, and I was guessing his lack of presence meant he was awaiting in his office.  When I enter I see him looking intently at the paper on his desk, below him.

"Professor, I'm glad to see you!" I say with a smile. He turns to me and returns it.

"And I you. Thank Merlin you're in one piece. I heard about the attack. Trolls - in Hogsmade?" He questions.

"Sir- the trolls were wearing armor. It had that dark glow, like the dragon collar" I spared Natty those details after the attack, I didn't want her involved with anything to do either Ranrock or Rookwood.

"Goblin Silver. Ranrock used it to control the dragon. But how? and why send the trolls to-"

I stopped him. "They were there because of me! I overheard Ranrock talking with Victor Rockwood."

"Ranrock was in Hogsmade? With Rookwood?" Fig seems just as taken back as I was. I continued the explantion of the previous events.

"The trolls were Ranrock's distraction so that Rookwood could get to me. And he would have - had Sirona and the patrons at the Three Broomsticks not intervene." And it's true, I owe a debt to them all.

"This is grave news indeed. If Ranrock's goblins and dark wizards are after you, they want what we found in the vault." He replies. What would Ranrock want to do with all of that power? End wizard kind?

"Speaking of the vault. Do you think thank Ranrock is working with any of the goblins at Gringotts?" I ask. I didn't miss the security gaurd that was behind Ranrock when he confront us in the vault.

"I do not. Gringotts goblins aren't typically the friendliest of beings, but they have a great deal of integrity." He says. "No. I daresay after what happened to that poor banker, the goblins at Gringotts are no followers of Ranrock."

"They're after the locket. You said you've discovered something in it." I bring the situation back to the main focus.

"Yes, yes." "I discovred an inscription. When i read it aloud, this map appeared, clever enchanment." Both of our eyes trail down to the maps. It's old and looks a bit faded out, but still readable.

"It's a map of Hogwarts. But I do not know where it leads." Professor Fig answers.

I look closer to see little whirls of the blue magic i encoutered at the vault swirling around the library. "It leads to the library. The Restricted Section to be precise. And a bit beyond, I see traces of magic there on the map." I explain to Fig.

"I suscpected you would see something." Fig smiles.

"Shall we go?" I ask impatiently.

"I appriciate your enthusiasm - and I'm eager to discover what we may find there as well but - if our expirence at Gringotts, let alone what happened to Miriam, has taught me anything. Is the path we're on is terribly dangerous. I'd like you to work with professor Hecat a bit, before we continue." What else do I need to learn though?

"But sir, how dangerous could the library be? Perhaps we're only after a book?" I urge.

"Perhaps we are only after a book. But we should be prepared for anything." He finishes, I look down to my feet a bit disappointed. I really want to learn more about this new magic, I didn't realize how strong I truly was. "Once you've honed you're defenisve magic further, come see me."