ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 10

ℜ𝔞𝔫𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨'𝔰 ℜ𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫

ℜ𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔥𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔗𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔩𝔰
_____________

  Poppy and I enter the tomb and are met with a giant open cave. I seemed light was seeming through the stop and wild life was growing inside of it.

"I wonder how big this place is.." I say stepping next to my best friend. We walk through carefully, tiny stone torches light our way. The cave is super quiet. I can Eve hear our own footsteps. It gave me an eerie feeling. Like we weren't completely alone. I led the way while Poppy nervously tracked behind. We then turn the corner and are met with a closed door.

The designs in the door reminded me much of the design on the portkey. And the designs within the restricted sections. I knew what this was going to be and I kicked myself for having Poppy join me. I knew someone without my power wouldn't be able to make it through. I looked at Poppy worriedly.

"What? What is it?" She asks questioningly.

"These ruins. They look similar..."

"And? Where have you seen them?"

"Poppy. I think you should turn back." I says defeated.

"What?! No! I said I was going to stay with you, and I meant that." She sneered.

"You also promised to leave if it got too dangerous."

"What's so dangerous about a door?!"

I step my foot anxiously, nervous about continuing on this path with her. I knew she was too stubborn to leave, but her life is now in my hands. And that made it worse.

"It's not the door. It's what's going to be behind them." I sigh.

"Well I'm staying right here, than." She crosses her arms in anticipation and authority. I shook my head knowing nothing will come from arguing about this with her. We'd be stuck in this tomb for months, maybe even years.

"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn ya."

I look to the symbols surrounding the outside of the door. I blasted each of them with a back cast and they turned like a lock. The gears hit each other as they unlock to open the door.

The floor then suddenly starts shaking. I look to the edge and see a bridge forming in the middle of the water.

"Impressive. That must be where it leads." Poppy says, running through the door frame.

"Poppy! Wait!" I say trying to run to catch up to her.

She runs through the cave faster and the walls start to look more the atmosphere. Jagged rocks covered the room and some plants were growing in the corners. While I was taking admiration of the area, I hear poppy squeal.

I run around the wall to see what happened. The picture in front of me, well I couldn't contain my laugh. I felt as if my stomach was burning. My mouth was hurting from my smile and my laughs echoed through the rocks.

Poppy was restrained in a spider web. She must've not seen it as she was rushing through and got herself caught. She was pulling her limbs, trying to free them from the webs hold.

"Stop it MJ! It's not funny!" She exclaims, still struggling to pull herself free.

"You're right. It's hilarious!" I cackle, falling to the ground in bits of laughter. It was nice to have the mood lighten, the funny moments took away the thoughts of the magic.

She groans in frustration. "Will you get me out of here?!" She says annoyed. I stand up and wipe the dirt off my robes and pull her out of the web.

Her robes were quite stuck so I had to use tons of force. Even then. The web still caught her robe, luckily I was able to slip her out of it.