ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 9

ℜ𝔞𝔫𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨'𝔰 ℜ𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫

ℜ𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔥𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔗𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔰
___________

Ominis and I trudged with Sir Nicholas to the cemetery where we could meet Sir Patrick. Ominis stands with me as I carry the Roast Beef on a plate with the ghost.

"Do stay behind me. It's Sir Patrick we want." The ghost speaks to me. I nod and walk further in with him.

"This is so stupid." Ominis whispers next to me, following. "You decided to come." He huffs.
"Oi Nestor look who's here!" One poltergeist says mockingly.

I furrow my eye brows to listen closer to the interaction.

"What have we told you 'Nearly Headless' Nick?" Who I'm guessing was Sir Nestor, reflects.

"Hello Sir Amset. Do let us pass, we've brought a little something for Sir Patrick." Nick quickly explains, floating between the two. I follow behind closely, careful not to interact with them. Ominis is still pouting, with his wand in his hand so he could navigate.

"Probably come to try and beg his way in again. Ha!" Another laughs.

"Do they always talk to you like that?" I ask, a bit worried for the mindset of the ghost.

"All in good fun. Once Sir Patrick let's me join the headless hunt, I'll be right there with them. This offering is sure to win him over." He explains but I can see the slight stutter in his voice. I felt quite bad for Sir Nick.

I continue up the steps with Nick and Ominis.

"Don't forget why I'm here sir." I say.

"Why we're here," Ominis chimes.

"Rest assured you'll have your information from young Jackdaw in no time. Wherever he may be."

When we make it up the steps, we look for a moment to find Sir Patrick. We then see him laying halfway down on a mausoleum. He seems depressed, he looks away in agony, not paying attention to us right next to him.

"What id give for a flagon of mead or a nice leg of lamb right about now. Then this party would be complete." The ghost groans.

"How about the next best thing? Sir Patrick?" Sir Nick reveals our presence with his voice and the ghost turns to us. I awkwardly hold out the plate with the rotten beef on it, just waiting to see what will happen next.

"Ah! Sir Nicholas? And students? Who let you in?" He asks rather demandingly. I mean it's a cemetery, anyone can waltz right in.

He slides off the top of the mausoleum to properly face us.

"Eh. We've brought you a gift." Nick says shakingly. I look for a place to put it and see a kinda flat tombstone. I decided to set the plate on top. I give another awkward smile towards Sir Patrick.

"That's all very suspicious. What do you really want? As if I need to ask." Sir Patrick snarls. These ghosts are rather nasty towards Nick.

"It's Richard Jackdaw. Where can we find him? May we speak to him?" Nick asks.

Sir Patrick then removes his ghostly head and brings it to the meat to sniff.

"Jackdaw, eh? Why, he's here now." The ghost mentions carefully.

"This is bloody ridiculous" Ominis scoffs behind us impatiently.

"Just tell us where he is." Ominis demands the ghost. I give Ominis a glare and tell him to be quiet, and if he couldn't he could leave.