Chapter 8-Midnight Stitches

Vox felt power course through his body, lighting up his scensors  and kicking in his night vision to look around the dark room he was lying in. Confused, he attempted to sit up but was stopped when a spear of sharp pain flicked through his side, causing him to yelp and fall back. 

The warm body beside him jumped and was awake in an instant. Val turned over and layed eyes on Vox, his eyes already brimming with tears. 

"Vox..." Valentino's voice was just above a whisper, barely audible as he stared back at the TV demon.

'Val, I-" Vox was cut off by a spark of pain in his shoulder and he winced, "Ow."

Val snapped on the bedside lamp and grabbed the roll of bandages on the nightstand. Unrolling a short length, he cut it, dragging the shears through the white fabric. 

"Flutterby. Ar-"

"Sh..." Val silenced him and began to tend to Vox's shoulder was was now oozing cyan blood.

Vox sat quiet, watching his boyfriend work in silence, his touch gentle and warm worked it's way around the shoulder and fastened the fabric with a pin. The moth then flicked off the the light and pulled Vox close to him, careful not to touch any of his injuries more than brushing over them.

"We'll talk in the morning my love. Sleep..."

Vox sighed gently and lay still, waiting for sleep to come for him. He waited, and waited, and waited. For hours he lay awake, his eyes occasionally flicking to the bedside clock. Four in the morning, still awake. Four thirty, still awake. On repeat.

Val eventually turned over in his sleep chirping quietly. Vox laughed quietly and hushed. He loved Val's chirps. Turning to lie on the uninjured shoulder Vox stared out the window at Pentagram city. The lights of the city below glowed red and savage, sounds of cars and guns chasing back and forth. 

It was comforting in a way, the noise that is, after being in the city so long it was a routine. It made sense. Valentino let out a high pitched chirp and moved in his sleep, turning to lie with his face buried in Vox's bare back. His breath tickled the exposed skin and he took deep, long breaths. 

Finally Vox felt his body be enveloped in that comforting, tired ache, his mind grow drowsy and his eyelids droop. His mainframe began to shut down and he powered down, warm but sore. He let the night move him into sleep and his body rejuvinate. 

Then everything ceased.

{Right I know this is shorter, but how am I supposed to write them sleeping :') So this was a sweet moment that I put effort into for you guys to read.}

Word Count: 454