Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I swiftly exited the car which was parked a block away from my house. I heard Alec slam his door and make his way next to my fast paced walk. I could smell the fighters in my mate's pack heading towards my house and hoped the rogues' senses weren't as honed as mine.

After I had ran out of the basement, Alec had caught up with me and demanded to know what was happening.

"Sawyer. The rogues. They're at my house!" I had tried to push past him but he held me back, telling me we had to strategize this. An ambush was the best option. He had mind-linked the pack members that weren't getting a hold of the rogue women and children, to provide backup.

"Tor..." I hear. My paces quickens.

"Dan says there are about 4 in the house. None surrounding. We should be good to - Tori!"

I was using my wolf speed, but I wasn't going my fastest. I could almost feel Alec's worry vibrating from his fingertips as he clutched onto me mid-stride.

"Tori, wait. I understand that you're upset, but barging in there isn't safe for any of you."

Thinking things through didn't seem to be my strong suit at the moment. My brain was in 'fight' mode.

"Alec, they have my family. Don't you get that?" I didn't miss how broken my voice sounded. Neither did he.

I twisted myself out of his grip and walked up my driveway. My wolf made a small grunt of disapproval when the heat emanating from my mates' hand disappeared.

I could smell the scent of 3 rogues. I mentally screamed as I saw one of Alec's men sidle up to the house, right under an open window.

'Guess we've lost the element of surprise.'

I shook my head feeling the bones in my body rattle, just the slightest.

Alec made gestures I didn't understand to the emerging pack members and nodded at me to go in. I tried to contact my sister as I put my hand on the doorknob. Nothing.

I could hear muffled orders and fast, shuffling feet from the door.

I went inside.

There was a metallic scent that lingered through air as I rounded the corner to the living room.

"Tori," my older sister sighed. She was currently being held with her back against the chest of a blonde haired rogue. I internally smiled when I saw the blood trickling out of his oversized nostrils. That happiness,though, was short-lived. I felt the familiar anger bubble up again when I saw the 9mm glock pressed to the side of her head.

'Silver bullets,' my wolf concluded.

"Let her go," my wolf growled through me.

"Oh, okay, I'll do exactly that. Then what? You and pretty boy over there gonna get to me?"

Yeah, pretty much.

"Uh, uh, she's my ticket outta here." He was walking backwards into the kitchen. "You try and follow me, and I'll blow a hole in her head without even blinking."

I saw something move from behind him.

"Wait! I thought she was your ticket out of here? If you kill her, won't you lose your ticket?"

Being the genius rogue that he was, he actually seemed to think about it for a minute.

"Tarah!" I yelled, not missing a beat.

One of Alec's pack members had snuck in through the back door and grabbed the rogues arm.

My sister ripped herself out of his grip and fell to the floor. The gun went off and a bullet made a hole in the beige love seat.