Chapter 16 Part 3

In the pavilion of Yu Palace, Jin Fan closed a medical book and lowered his head in thought. He knew that Gong Ziyu had encountered trouble when passing the trial, so he was worried about him.

Gong Zishang pushed over a small plate of snacks. To be honest, she was extremely happy these days, being able to stay with Jin Fan all day long. Although he talked little, it was this demeanor that made people fascinated.

Gong Zishang said: "My eyelids have been twitching lately, as if I have a bad premonition."

"Which way? As the old saying goes, if the left eye jumps to wealth, the right eye jumps to disaster." Jin Fan asked.

Gong Zishang cupped her chin and blinked her eyes wildly, like two pairs of scissors: "Both sides." Seeing that Jin Fan was about to frown again, she quickly changed the topic: "Tell me, did Gong Ziyu encounter anything when he broke through the barrier? Difficulties have stumped both of them? It’s been so long and there’s still no information!”

"You've stumped me." Jin Fan clearly saw through her ploy.

"Race the difficulties head on!"

Jin Fan couldn't hold it in and spit out a mouthful of tea.

***

The smell of medicinal materials came out of the library. Gong Ziyu looked haggard and sat at the table with his coat on. Yun Weishan was boiling medicine for him. After frying, she poured out a bowl of medicinal soup from the medicine pot. It had a strong taste and a turbid color.

Gong Ziyu took the soup, smelled it, and frowned.

"What kind of medicine is this?"

"What I read in the medical books over there is that although it cannot cure the Heart-Eclipsing Moon, it can greatly reduce the pain you suffer from the heat poison."

Gong Ziyu didn't have any doubts. He raised his head and took the medicine. He gently put down the medicine bowl and felt the changes in his breathing and veins. He let out a long "hmm" and said, "I feel a lot better indeed..."

Yun Weishan didn't know whether to laugh or cry: "It's so fast, please stop coaxing me."

At this time, footsteps sounded under the steps. Mr. Yue walked over with a serious face and saw the empty bowl in front of Gong Ziyu, thinking that he was preparing a new antidote for himself: "Master sword wielder, you will get more injuries if you try randomly." He looked at it. There were empty bowls on the table, and he clicked his tongue repeatedly, "When it comes to courage, you are really brave. You personally tested the medicine, and as a sword wielder, you really don't care about your body at all."

Gong Ziyu smiled: "Shennong still tastes a hundred herbs, what does that mean to me?"

Mr. Yue reminded: "Actually, since you are the master of the palace gate, it is understandable to use others to test the medicine. I have also used the 'Medicine Man'." Speaking of this, Mr. Yue paused and seemed to be stunned for a moment. Sigh, then continued, "In the previous trials, there were countless casualties. As long as the trialist opens his mouth, there will be people in the palace who are willing to sacrifice themselves to test the medicine. As long as the antidote can be prepared, a little sacrifice and a little price is also allowed.”

Gong Ziyu shook his head: "I don't want to test the medicine on innocent people. No one's life is worthless. Even if it means life and death, there is no need to sacrifice for the pain of the trial that I should have endured. I am not afraid of death. What I'm afraid of is that the one I love will die because of me. I actually like the name you gave this poison - Heart-Eroding Moon. Watching the one you love suffer is indeed like the heart being eroded."