-chapter one

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

❝ the hunters responsibly ❞

june 8th, 2001

cheyenne, wyoming / wichita, kansas

*ੈ  ✩   .     ‧  ˚   𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥, treading down a path between the door and the Impala as he ran a hand through his hair, showing his agitation. It had been a week since his father left him the note saying he was taking a case in a different state, leaving his two sons behind in a one horse town just outside of Cheyenne, Wyoming.

    The dark blonde was becoming more stressed as phone calls came through, people looking for his father but only getting ahold of the eldest son. He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep doing this.

    Sam, barely eighteen, had been watching his brother through the window, trying to read his lips and get a feel for what was going on. Unlike Dean, he didn't mind this time away from their father, getting a break from the mental strain he always felt in his presence. His shoulders slumped as he leaned over the table with his elbows resting overtop of the books he was studying.

    A few moments later, Dean dragged his feet as he walked through the entrance, shutting the door with a deep sigh. "I swear, one more call and I'm shutting this thing off." He raised the phone to show it off before lazily tossing it to the bed and starting to slide his jacket off.

    "Who was it?" Sammy asked, looking up at his brother being genuinely curious as to why he seemed so unsettled.

    "It's just another guy looking for dad." He said dismissively, tossing the impala's keys beside the phone, watching as they bounced once before he laid his jacket overtop of a wooden chair.