-chapter two

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

❝ misery loves company ❞

𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘦 9𝘵𝘩, 2001

wichita, kansas

*ੈ ✩ . ‧ ˚  Dean promised himself he wouldn't fall asleep in order to keep a close eye on their new companion, determined to prevent anything else from going wrong that night.

    Sitting on a chair facing their motel room door, he tapped his fingers mindlessly against the laminate top before he glanced towards the greasy fast food wrappers that were still spread across the table. Feeling his salvia building in his mouth when he saw a few scattered french fries laying across a paper bag, he attentively glanced up to see both Sam and the girl sleeping on different beds, making sure neither would see him finishing up their food. Surely they weren't gonna miss it.

    Tossing a fry carelessly into his mouth, he started munching mindlessly on the cold and somewhat gritty substance, not even seeming to care that it had been sitting out in the open for the past four hours. Dean wasn't about to let the food go to waste, having spent many of his early adolescent years with an aching stomach from being neglected. So to him, you eat what you can, when you can.

    Yet as the hour ticked past in the early morning hours, it had gotten harder for the older Winchester to keep his eyes open as he decided to find a more comfortable spot to sit, reasoning within himself that if he could get five minutes to "rest his eyes" he would be good as new.

    After weighing his options between the floor or one of the beds, he nimbly made his way towards the queen sized bed Jenny was laying on and glanced at the clock on the nightstand, reading 3:48am. No wonder he was feeling exhausted. He had been at it for the past 20 hours, driving across state lines, ganking a witch and saving Jenny- who turned out to save him at the same time.