Chapter 3

"Cards on the table we're both showing hearts..."

All of Me, John Legend

Today is November 19th. Qua went back to Charlotte on the 13th, but he said he would bale back today. It's 3 in the morning and I can't go back to sleep because I'm anxious. I had all last week off and I have to go back to work on Monday. I wonder what Qua would think about my modeling. A holographic number pops up from my phone.

980-354-1500

"Hello?"

"Bae?"

"Yea?"

"You up?"

"Yea."

"Can you open the door please?"

"You're here?"

"I told you I was coming."

"Hold on." I throw on a tank top and some shorts. "I'm coming down now."

"Okay." I hang up the phone. I open the door and see him standing there with a duffle bag in his hand. "Is 2 weeks too long?"

"Not at all. Come on in."

"I didn't realize it would be a little cold out in Miami early in the morning."

"Do you want anything?"

"I'm good. Did I wake you?"

"No. And if you did, you would be driving to a hotel right now."

We both laugh. "True."

"Are you tired?"

"I'm straight." There was an awkward silence and Qua was the one to break it. "Do you like the car?"

"I love the car." I paused for a moment. "I have a question for you."

"What?"

"How come you never called me?"

"Honestly, I didn't think you wanted to talk to me."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just thought that you were mad that I was with someone at the time."

"Not mad. Just jealous."

"Why jealous?"

"Same reason you would get jealous just because I was with another guy."

"I never got-"

The look I gave him made him stop mid-sentence. "Anita and Bre already told me the things that you said, and they showed me the messages where you were asking about the guys that I talked to."

"Maybe I got a little jealous. It seemed like you were trying to make me jealous though."

"Sometimes I was. It seemed like you didn't care about us not being together, so I was trying to act like I didn't care either."

"You always fussed at me after we would break up. Why?"

"Because. Even though you did the same things that you did while we were together, I wanted to show you that I wasn't hurt, which is why I just spazzed."

"You were hurt but you never cried."

"Correction. I never cried in front of you and I never cried at school. I cried a lot though at night. Also I annoyed Bre, Anita, and Emma with the love songs, ice cream, and the fact that I still took up for you when they would talk bad about you to make me feel better."

"You talked bad about me too."

"I know. That's because I was hurting. You also talked bad about me."

"I thought you didn't care, that's why."

"As many times I said how much I cared?"

"Yea. You kept spazzing. I missed you so much but I thought you had moved on and forgot about me."

"I could never forget about you."

"I would hope not." He stared at me for some time. "How bad did I hurt you? And be honest, please?"

"Pretty bad. Each break-up was worse than the one before it. I hated breaking up. Eventually, when you stopped calling, and you never returned my calls or messages, I just gave up. I thought that maybe it wasn't meant to be. Regardless, I will always love you even after our last breaths."