Chapter 8

"I know I'm crazy, that's how you made me.../...And I'd die for mine, cause you're worth fighting for..."

We Gon' Fight, Jennifer Hudson

He's gone and isn't coming back. When I woke up the other night he wasn't here and his stuff was gone. Apparently Twix got out because I can't find him either. It is now Friday.

My doorbell rings and I ignore it. Then I hear the door open. The only person with a key to my house is Sco. A few minutes later he walks in my room. "I could have been naked."

"So. You're my sister. Besodes, for all I knew, you were dead." I roll my eyes at that last part. "We've been blowing up your phone."

"I turned it off 2 days ago."

"Where's Twix?"

"I don't know. Can't find him." I hear people coming upstairs. "Who else came over?"

"Everybody."

"Great." I say it sarcastically.

Anita stomps into my room. "We thought you were DEAD!"

"Calm down. Why?"

"Qua is missing."

"No he isn't. He left the other night. Didn't even leave a note."

"He is gone Monica! Taken! Kidnapped! Abducted! Whatever word you want to use!"

"What?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"His car was found on the side of an abandoned street. It was blown up but there was no body found."

I grab the house phone and I call Jack. "Hello?"

"Hey Jack."

"What's wrong?"

"I need all next week off and I need some photographers."

"What?"

"Please? It's important." I try to keep the emotion out of my voice but its hard.

"Does this have anything to do with the car that was blown up?"

"Yes sir."

"Okay. I will have 3 photographers at your house in 15. Call if you need anything else."

"Okay. Thank you."

"Yeah. Later."

Bre gives me an incredulous look. "You're worried about your job at a time like this?"

"No. Photographers for surveillance. "

"This isn't a movie."

"I know. I just have feeling that this has to do with Venus and I have a feeling that she's not camera shy."

Joey starts to leave. "We'll be taking a trip to Charlotte tomorrow morning." He gives me a hug and then he's gone.

Right now its only 3 in the afternoon. Joey meant 6 in the morning so I have to wait 15 hours. Like thats gonna happen. I turn my cell phone on and call Quinyon. "Sup sis?"

"Hey. This might sound strange but can I borrow $645? Please?"

"Do I want to know what you need it for?"

"Nope."

"You still got the blue reloadable card?"

"Yea."

"It will be on there in 30 minutes."

"Okay. Thanks big bro. Love you."

"Mhm. Sure you do."

It takes me an hour to get ready and get to the airport. There is a flight to Charlotte in 45 minutes headed directly for Charlotte. When I paid for my ticket it only cost me $375.

After the plane landed I called Qua's phone. "I knew you would call."

"Where is he?"

"He's around. Where are you?"

"Miami." I lied.

"Good. Stay there and you'll be safe and sound."

She hangs uo and I call Big Pip and tell him to come pick me up. A few minutes later and we are already getting me a throw away. The guy asked which ones I wanted. I picked up an electric blue 9mm, and an AK. Big Pip looks at me. "That blue is kind of bright for you to sneak it."

The guy nodded his head in agreement. I looked at both of them. "Im not trying to be sneaky"

It's 8pm and dark outside. Im standing by myself in front of an old warehouse that has boarded up windows. The safety is off on my gun. I put it in the inside pocket of my jacket. I have on a mini skirt and some Jordans. When Big Pip was in the shower I borrowed his car without him knowing. I parked it down the street. The AK is laying on the back seat just in case I need it when I leave. Big Pip also doesn't know that I borrowed $10K from under his matress. He should really get a safe or something.

The door to the building opens and I take off my jacket, revealing the red bra from VS. Both of the guys look at me. The taller one speaks. "Who are you?"

"Doesn't matter. How much are you being paid not to let anyone in or out?"

"$1,000 each."

"How about $2,000 each then?"

"What's the deal?"

"I will give you both $2,000 if you get me in and out. You can't yell anyone and it will be our little secret."

"I dont know."

"I guess I'll leave then." I turn around and start to walk off making sure my hips move seductively.

"Wait."

I stop moving. "Yes?"

"Can I have your number?"

"I dont know. Can i get in?"

"Yea."

"Okay. You get half now and when i come out you get the other half and my number ."

They told me exactly where to go so I could find Qua. I took the gun out and left my jacket with them.

I found where Qua was supposed to be and noticed a space that was above the room so I went up there, and looked in on the room. From here I can see a guy standing at the entrance to the room, a guy standing behind Qua, and Venus standing in front of him. In the corner, I see Twix in a tiny cage. Did she have to take my dog? They can't see me up here due to all the open crates. My curiosity got the best of me so I decided to be nosy. The crates are filled with designer fashions of literally everything you can possibly wear.

I focus my attention back to them and Venus is dancing on a pole in front of Qua.