Chapter 5

"I know, I know, I know..."

I Know, Yo Gotti

Late night we almost had sex. Almost. It ended abruptly when I got sick. Whatever I ate at the restaurant gave me food poisoning. Qua got up a few minutes ago and hopped into the shower. His phone starts ringing. I thought about answering, but then I changed my mind. Then he got a text. And the phone rang again. This time I answered. "Hello?" Nobody said anything back so I hung up. Another text came in. I read it.

Venus: baby???

I know that I shouldn't act like I'm him, but I got curious.

Qua: yea
Venus: where r u???
Qua: out of town
Venus: y???
Qua: business
Venus: wen r u cumin home???
Qua: ???
Venus: 2 me
Qua: idk. Nxt week ig.
Venus: u guess???
Qua: yea
Venus: well...im pregnant
Qua: dah fuq. Aint mine
Venus: wym??? It is yours...we fuqed on the 11th
Qua: oh...u sure???
Venus: yes
Qua: c u nxt week
Venus: k...ily
Qua: yea

Qua comes in the room after his shower. "I thought you would be downstairs by now. Don't you have to go to work?"

"I called in sick."

"Oh. Are you feeling any better?"

"No. I feel worse. There's this reall good movie I seen some weeks ago but I don't remember the name of it."

"What's it about?"

"This girl is in love with this guy, and he says that he's in love with her. She wants to believe him but some other girl, I think her name is Venus, is pregnant and says that its his baby."

"Dang. I don't know what to say."

"I know. How I would feel."

"That's messed up."

"I know."

"Why you keep saying that you know?"

"Because. I know that a girl named Venus had text your phone. I know, that she called you baby and that she is sure she is having your baby. I also know that she is now expecting you to be home next week, and that you had sex with her the day before my birthday."

"I'm sorry."

"I know. What I don't is why I thought you would be any different!"

"You can keep the car."

"I don't want it!"

"I'm not taking it."

"Fine!" The only reason I'm yelling is because I'm trying so hard not to cry.

"I guess I will just pack my stuff and leave." When I don't respond he walks out of my room. Once he's gone I get up and lock my door. "Bae? Open up. Please?" I don't say anything. "Can we just talk about this?"

"What is there to talk about?"

"Look, I had sex with her on the 11th. It was like 2 in the morning. That means it happened before I seen you in the store."

"Doesn't change the fact that she's pregnant."

"How can she be pregnant and know about it? It's only been 3 weeks."

"There is such a thing called a pregnancy test! And its obvious how she got pregnant! You busted a fucking nut and your black ass didn't use a fucking condom!"

"I did use a condom. Open the door and look at me, please?"

"No!"

"Why?"

"She's pregnant and its yours!"

"She is not pregnant."

"How do you know?"

"Because," he pauses. "Did she call my phone?"

"Yes."

"Did you answer it?"

"Yes."

"Alright then. She could be messing with you."

"She said she loves you."

"What female wouldn't tell a guy she loved them when he has money. She's just a groupie. Not my girl, not my friend. She follows the team around."

"I wouldn't."

"You loved me before the money."

"I know."

"So what's the problem."

"The problem is that I still love you and I probably shouldn't."

"I don't see that as a problem."

"I know."

"Open the door."

I get up and unlock the door. He smiles and tries to give me a hug. I put my hand on his chest. "If and when the baby is born, I want proof that its not yours."

"Okay. No problem. Do you still want me to leave?"

"No."

"You know I still love you, right?"

"Yea, I know."