• 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘐𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦 •

(Third Person POV:)

Madison slowly crept up to the door, gently tapping her fist against it. She held her breath as the door quickly swung open.

"I didn't think you were actually gonna come." Liam raised his eyebrows, leaning against the door frame.

"You're making it sound like you didn't want me to come." Madison frowned, rolling her eyes at him. "Are you gonna let me in?"

"Go on then." He nodded, moving out the way of the door.

"You're being weird." She grimaced, walking past him and into the front room.

He followed close behind her, his hand resting on the lower part of her waist.

"Who's this then?" A boy from the other side of the room asked.

He sounded a lot like the person Madison had spoke to on the phone so she assumed it was Noel.

There was a girl sat next to him, she wore a black velvet dress which stretched half way down her thighs and a pair of fishnet tights.

"I've told ya about 'er." Liam huffed, folding his arms. "It's Maddie."

"Oh, that Maddie." Noel raised his eyebrows before looking over to the girl sat next to him and whispering to her.

Liam began to drag Maddie by the wrist toward the sofa, making sure she would be able to sit next to him.

"Is she here yet?" A soft Irish accent came through from the kitchen.

"She's here." Noel shouted back before wrapping his arm around the girl next to him.

"What's going on?" Maddie whispered into Liam's ear.

"They think you're my girlfriend." Liam whispered back, intertwining their fingers. "I swear I didn't say anything, they all assumed."

"Of course they did." She scoffed, rolling her eyes before gently squeezing his hand.

                                   ◇◇◇

(Madison's POV:)

"Liam you can't just drag me away from the party." I laughed, putting my drink on the kitchen counter.

"I just did." He shrugged, leaving the back door slightly ajar.

I turned to look at the clock, it was only a few minutes to midnight.

"I'm sorry for telling them." Liam sighed, leaning against the sink.

"You told me you didn't tell them." I frowned, folding my arms.

"It was me who told them, alright." He huffed, walking over to me.

His arms suddenly came around my waist and he looked down at me.

"I'm sorry." Liam mumbled, beginning to lean in towards me.

A few seconds after, the door crashed open.

"Bloody 'ell, Noel." He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Sorry guys." Noel's girlfriend Genevieve giggled before they both trotted off and up the stairs.

"What are you doing tommorow then?" Liam raised his eyebrows, taking a step away from me.

"Nothing really, my parents are coming back from their trip, that's all." I shrugged, folding my arms. "And I have to go to church."

"You got a new-" He smiled at me, folding his arms.

"No, I didn't." I shook my head, my cross was one of my least favourite things to talk about now. "Are you coming to church?"

"I said I would go out with me mates." He shrugged, leaning forwards once again.

"Atleast you don't have to pretend I'm your girlfriend around them lot, eh?" I laughed sarcastically, my gaze drifting to look out a window.

"Yer not that bad, give yourself a break." He smiled down at me, tapping his fingers against my wrist.

A familiar heat rose to my cheeks as my head slowly turned to look at him.

"Thank you." I gave him a half smile before turning to look away again.

A sudden countdown began to echo through the backdoor and into the kitchen.

Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

"Happy new year, Mads." He began to lean in towards me.

"Happy new yea-" I was cut off by his lips crashing against mine.

I froze for a moment before beginning to reciprocate his actions, trying desperately to keep up with what he was doing.

I could feel his fingers start to dig into my hips as my hands began to trace up his back.

And then it ended. Just like that.

I looked up at him, his furrowed brows and flushed cheeks.

"I'm sorry." He shook his head, sighing as he looked back down at me.

"No, it's fine, we'll just forget about it, it's fine." I began to blurt out before being shushed by his lips once again, slightly softer this time.