Part Two, Everything is Changing

Chapter Four

     So it was decided that mom and I would be moving into Don's house and put ours up for sale. Nobody asked my opinion. I was just told to pack up my things. Don wanted us moved in before the wedding so they could leave right away, after the wedding for their honeymoon. Oh goody, where does that leave me? At home with Pig Junior? That should be interesting. Maybe we'll kill each other while they're gone.

    So we packed up our stuff and put the house up for sale. Don lived close to both the university and the high school, so I guess I won't be needing that car after all. Don's gym was also close to the house and there were tennis courts a golf course and a huge football stadium on the grounds of the university. Everything within walking distance, Don assured me, no need for another car in the drive way. Gee, thanks Don!

    Don's house is nice. I have my own bedroom and attached private bath. Don and my mom have their bedroom with a private bath as well. Jason took over the basement. He has a pool table a ping pong table, a sitting area with a big screen TV and a bed room with his own private bath. So I guess we'll be one big happy family. Or so my mom thinks.

     The next few weeks mom and I were busy making wedding Preperations, the church, the venue, the flowers, the food, the cake, the dresses. I felt like I was caught in a whirlwind. On top of that, mother insisted putting on an evening meal every day. Keeping her man happy, I guess. In the mean time I'm forced to look across the dinner table at Jason every day, always smiling, always jovial, a real suck ass, if you ask me. That's probably how he got that fancy sports car, sucking up to good old dad. He even helps out at the gym between classes at the university. He wants to be a Physical Fitness Coach and take over the gym some day. I knew there had to be an arterial motive for all this bull shit he's been spewing around.

    "So Don, will you be going with Mom for the taste testing and picking out a cake for the wedding?" Or do you expect us girls to do that too?"

    "Katey, do not talk to your stepfather like that! I did not raise you to be so rude and disrespectful!"

    "Oh, I'm sorry, was I being disrespectful? I do apologize. Now may I be excused, I think I've had enough."

    "I know we have," said Jason, under his breath, but loud enough to be heard.

    "I'm sorry, Jason, was I talking to you?"
No one said a word. Everyone just stared down at the table, except Jason who just kept that smirk plastered on his face, staring me down.

    I'm going out to play some tennis with my friends. You all have a good evening." And with that I changed into my skimpy little tennis outfit, grabbed my racket and headed out the door, letting the door slam behind me. I could feel Pig Junior's eyes on me as I walked past the dining room. What a schmuck!

Chapter Five

    I helped my mother get into her dress. It's a  mermaid style form fitting gown with a flare of ruffles at the bottom, a heart shaped neckline bordered with sparkles and a sparkling belt at her waist. Her hair was up with wavy locks of hair cascading down her face on each side and a sparkling tiara in her hair. She is a vision of loveliness. I am wearing a turquoise form fitting, floor length gown with shoes and earrings to match and a turquoise tear drop necklace. I am her maid of honor and Jason is standing up for his father. The groom and his son are wearing black suits, white shirts and red ties.

It's just a small ceremony at Don's family church. My grandparents and Jason's grandparents are attending with some aunts, uncles and close friends. Red and white roses adorn the isle of the church on both sides. Our bouquets are also red and white roses. The music was played with bells from a special organ owned by the church. Mom and I both preferred the bells. The tune was, 'At Last My Love Has Come Along.'