Part Nine, Change of Heart

I spent the day reading and hanging out at the pool. Jason came home about five in a jovial mood.

"Hi, Jason you look happy. What's up with you?"

"I investigated your friend, George and decided that you may see him as often as you like. It turns out he is my assistant, Rico's dorm room mate. He dates your friend, Mary?"

"Oh ya, Rico works at the gym?"

"Yes he does. He's working his way through school. Anyway, Rico vouched for your friend, George. He said he would totally trust George with his sister. So I'm trusting him with mine." So you are officially ungrounded and may see George any time you wish."

"Is this a trick, Jason?"

"No, sweetheart, I want you to be happy." So, what shall we have for dinner?"

"I thought we'd grill tonight if it's ok with you, Jason."

"Sounds good to me, Kate. I'm just going to shower and change, then I'll heat up the grill for us." And later we can splash around in the pool. Feel free to invite your friend, George over if you like."

What is Jason up to now? Something feels off. He's being too nice about me seeing George. Maybe he's met somebody at the gym that he wants to be with and is alleviating his guilt by giving me permission to date George. He has that satisfied grin on his face. I don't trust him.

So we grilled some burgers and had some chips and beer. All through dinner Jason is smirking. He can be such an ass sometimes. I think he knows something he's not telling me. He can be such a chauvinist pig some times.

"So, your friend, George is here on a football scholarship. Did you know that, Kate?"

" Yes, Jason, I told you he stayed up talking until I fell asleep."

"Oh ya, you mentioned that. So he's a real big dicked daddy is he?"

"I guess so. He's pretty big like you and very muscular as well. He's an Adonis actually."

"Oh wow, it must have been hard keeping your hands to yourself, Katey."

"Well, he was under so much stress from all that we'd been through. I never actually saw him with an erection."

"Oh ya, that must have been terrible for him. Trying to keep you safe. Remind me to thank him for that."

"Jason, what are you hiding from me? Did you dig up some dirt on George that you don't want me to know about?"

"Of course not! Don't you think I would tell you if I had?"

"You better not be hiding anything from me, Jason. I don't trust you."

Jason comes over and pulls me into his arms. "Now you know you can totally trust me to look after your best interests. If I thought for one minute George was a threat to my little sister, I would kick his ass. You know that Katey girl."

"Well, ok I trust you, Jason. Did you hear from your dad yet?"

"I tried to get a hold of him again but so far, nothing. I'm beginning to worry." They are supposed to be home for your birthday, Saturday."

Chapter Seventeen

When I woke up the next morning I am still so mad at Jason. I will be eighteen soon. He has no right to boss me around. I'll show that bossy male pig. I will not stay home. I will go to the boat launch at the Lake across from the gym. That way when he looks out the window, I can stick my tongue out at him. He can't do anything about it with so many college kids launching their boats and their ski doos.
When I get to the launch area I see one of my class mates, John Johnson.