Girl Meets Popular Part 1

1700+ words

(Third POV)

It was another day at school and Gavin was walking in chatting with Riley and Maya when Riley pulled them both down the stairs and looked over to the lockers where a taller student dressed in all black was sliding papers into students' lockers.

"Ok, that's not at all sketchy," Gavin said as he watched the other student.

"Look what's happening, look what's coming," Riley said excitedly.

"What's coming crazy?" Maya asked not even looking over to the person Gavin had noticed moments ago.

"Invitations... to the 7th grade parties. It's begun." Riley said bouncing. "We could be party girls. I'm going to need a party girl walk." Riley said as she walked back up the stairs and walked back down in some odd fancy way.

"Yeah, that was not it." Gavin and Maya said together.

"You know, there are going to be boys at these parties. But not just any boys. No opposite-sex boys. They're the best kind." Riley said as Gavin and Maya came over to her at the lockers.

"Yeah, you sound ready for this," Maya said sarcastically.

"Oh, I am. Oh, and I may just be the first one to cross over from our side of the room to the..." Riley said as she trailed off.

"Yeah, it's gonna be one of us."

"Yeah, it's gonna be one of you."

"Yeah, it's gonna be one of us." The three of them said as they thought about it.

"You know what pretty boy hipster is handing out invitations to... don't you?" Riley said as she nudged Gavin and Maya.

"A party," Maya said, matching her friend's energy.

"Membership cards to the popular club," Riley said disregarding the sassy ness from Maya.

"Can't you just let it be a party?" Gavin asked looking at his friend like she had lost it.

"Because this is it, right here. This is where you both go one way and I go the other way. You get the invites and Maya you marry pretty boy hipster." Riley said, making Gavin look at her shocked. We are in jr. high why is she thinking about marriage. "And I end up marrying Anthony Delveccio and we buy things in bulk."

"What?!" Gavin asked, thoroughly confused. "What in the heck does that mean?"

"You're gonna be popular. I'm not. Good for you." Riley said petting Maya and playing with her hair.

"Stop just stop," Gavin said as he took Riley's hand and made her stop.

The taller student then came over to the girls and handed a paper over to Riley before briefly pausing in front of Maya and Gavin. Riley however not believing him pushed his hand back to Maya but he put it back in front of Riley and she freaked and got super excited and took the invite.

He then pulled out another one and handed it to Gavin. "Uh glad that you thought of me to give one to but parties require social interaction and I don't know how to do this. I'll take this but I'm not gonna be going thanks." Gavin said as he took the paper and watched as the taller student walked away.

"Yay! For me!" Riley said excitedly. "Maya I know you didn't get one, but is it ok if I'm really happy?"

"You go get 'em, tiger," Maya said as she and Gavin watched as Riley walked away in her popular girl walk.

"I love that girl but she needs a lot of work," Gavin said as he and Maya followed after her and copied her walk just for the heck of it.

(Time skip)