Girl Meets Popular Part 2

1700+ words

(Third POV)

It was the next day and Gavin was sitting in his own chair for once wringing away in his new sheet music book smiling to himself completely unaware of the brunette watching him with a fond smile and the blonde who was storming into the room.

"Where is she!!" Maya said as she slammed her hands down on the table in front of her.

"GAHHHH!!!!! Maya what is the deal I have mentioned before I know I have no yelling." Gavin said as he tried to slow his racing heart.

"Sorry Gavin but this is important," Maya said as she grabbed Farkle by the collar of his shirt.

"Mr. Mathews I have to... I gotta..." Gavin tried to say he needed to go and calm down but he was breathing so fast he couldn't even get out the words.

"I understand, go and come back when you can." Mr. Mathews said as he gestured to the door at the back of the classroom. Not grabbing anything Gavin bolted for the door and down the hall.

"Uh, sir I think someone should go make sure he's ok and I've dealt with panic attacks before. Is it ok if I..." Lucas didn't even need to finish his sentence before Mr. Mathews responded.

"Yes, good idea go." Mr. Mathews gestured to the door again prompting Lucas to also run out the door and try to find what random hallway Gavin had run off to.

Eventually after running down a few hallways, Lucas was walking by the art room when through the large glass windows he saw a small bundle of brown in the corner, Gavin's hair as his head rested on his knees.

"Found you," Lucas said softly as he walked in the door making Gavin's head shoot up at the noise.

"W-w-what a-are you..." Gavin tried to stutter out but couldn't because of how ragged his breathing had become.

"It's ok, I'm here now, I've been through this before, can I touch you?" Lucas said as he walked over to Gavin and sat across from him leaning his back against the teacher's desk.

Gavin knew he wouldn't be able to form any words so he just shook his head. "Ok 20 questions then, do you want me to leave you alone." a vigorous shake of Gavin's head. "K, do you want something to do with your hands? they are shaking." a nod.

"Ok here," Lucas said as he handed over a small chain of beads. "You can either just play with it or sometimes it helps to count them." Gavin took the beads and started just rolling them over his fingers.

"Do you want physical contact?" Lucas asked, getting his attention again. After a hesitant and slow nod, Lucas slowly moved over to the smaller boy and slowly wrapped his arms around his and took deep breaths while telling Gavin to breathe in time with him helping the smaller boy catch his breath preventing him from getting lightheaded or disoriented.

(Back in the classroom)

"Ok Farkle, where is she?" Maya asked as she grabbed the shorter boy by the shirt after Lucas had left after Gavin.

"Whatever have I done to deserve this display of affection?" Farkle asked.

"This look like affection to you?" Maya asked, lowering her voice to a dangerous tone while bringing Farkle closer to her.

"I takes it however I gets it," Farkle responded, not intimidated by Maya at all. "Right here nurse," Farkle said, smacking his lips and pointing to them waiting for a kiss.

Maya groaned slightly disgusted "She wasn't there when I tried to pick her up this morning. And I couldn't find her in the halls. What'd you do to my girl."