˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑻𝑾𝑶

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: Alright we're finally on the Reverse Mountain arc aka the start of the Straw Hats' journey on the Grand Line! I'm so excited for this y'all don't even know! By the way, in case it wasn't obvious-this chapter's drawing isn't drawn by me this time! It was actually made by a user on Quotev named "TheBrokenStreetLight" AND I LOVE THIS SM !!! So shoutout to them and thank you for the art! Also-uh-this chapter is the beginning of one of the most self-indulgent additions to this story...I won't tell y'all fully until later but-uh...Sorry. Anywho-enjoy the chapter!)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Two:

"  The Twin Capes"

________________________________________________________________________________

(ISAAC'S POV)

Nami gathered us at the kitchen table to explain to us our course for the Red Line. "I wasn't sure the rumors were true at first, but this map confirms it! As bizarre as it sounds, the entrance to the Grand Line is a mountain!" "Are you sure?" Sanji asked. Nami nodded, "I didn't believe it myself, but the map has canals that lead to the mountain. That means we might have to go up and over it." She explained. Luffy laughed, "Sounds neat!" 

"What are you talking about?" Zoro raised a brow. "Even if there are canals or whatever, a ship can't climb up a mountain!" Nami insisted that the map said so and Sanji nodded vigorously, "That's right! And Nami's never wrong!" "Yeah but we got the map from Buggy the Clown, so can we really trust it?" Zoro asked skeptically. Usopp shouted at all of us asking for help with the rudder saying it was stuck, "Sanji, can you give Usopp a hand?" Nami asked and Sanji of course was happy to oblige. "Does this current seem unusually strong to anyone else!?" Usopp panicked. 

"Usopp? What did you just say!?" Nami asked. "I said have any of you noticed the unusual strength of this current!" I could tell Nami was having a lightbulb moment, "That's it!" She exclaimed. "What is it?" I asked. "The canals do go up the mountain!" Zoro rolled his eyes, "Are you still going on about all that?" Nami pointed at a spot on the map and we all looked down at it. "See? The guiding light was definitely pointing to here on the Red Line...Reverse Mountain!" She then explained some stuff about water currents which I couldn't exactly make full sense of until she said that there's a chance of the Going Merry getting destroyed. "You guys understand?" Luffy nodded, "So it's like a mystery mountain!" chuckling to himself.

Nami sighed, "No, that's not it at all! Anyways, since we're on this current we shouldn't run into any problems and go straight to the summit of Reverse Mountain as long as we don't mess with the rudder." I turned my head and eyed the rudder that Usopp was currently having trouble with. 'Maybe it's fine...'