Chapter Four

Finally, I felt the trailer stop moving. I could hear the muffled voices of two-legged outside of the trailer. I pinned my ears flat against my head, lashing my tail in frustration. They lowered the tail of the trailer and I reared up threateningly. I barely missed one of the men and they took that chance, quickly snatching one of the ropes that dangled down from my neck. The two-legged pulled harshly on the rope and I reluctantly followed them out of the trailer.

When I exited the trailer I widened my eyes. A giant, wood building stood quite far in front of me. Two massive fenced areas of sand and dust were in front of it. Beautiful rose bushes were growing underneath the glass windows and a wide path lead to the front door. I had learnt many of these 'human' words from one tamed horse at the corrals when I was with my mother.

I could hear two-legged voices in the distance and horses whinnying loudly, loud enough that I could hear them quite clearly from here. I was amazed at the building but definitely did not want to go any closer to it. The other three men had snatched my other dangling ropes that hung from my neck, all four men pulled me forward until I had no choice other than to follow them. I reared and bucked many times on the way toward the building.

"Let me go! Snake of a two-legged." I snorted, pulling violently against the ropes as we were about to enter the building.

I glared at all the two-legged who were in the building already as they stared at me. I could see horses in these weird boxes, sort of like the one I had been in at the place where Misty, Chestnut and Night were.

All the horses stared at me with sad eyes. What was wrong with them?

"What are you staring at?" I challenged them all, they all quickly looked away.

"That's what I thought." I snorted, until these horses showed me they weren't tamed I would not treat them with respect. I would be kind, well, sort of, but I wouldn't give them the respect they deserved until they bucked a two-legged off if they chose to ride them.

The two-legged's tried extraordinarily hard to get me into one of the boxes.

I reared up, bucking out my hind legs and stomping my hooves. All the horses watched in fear, what was there to fear? I snorted angrily, but eventually the men managed to push me into the box. They quickly closed and locked the gate and walked away. I glared at them all as they disappeared from sight. I looked around in my box. Below me was rocks, they were very uncomfortable to stand on. A small, by small I mean tiny, bucket with water in it. And next to that was a small bag of hay. I quickly drank all of the water, luckily it was fresh and clean, i finished the tiny bucket of water in a matter of minutes. The bucket was now empty and I declined eating the hay. I was not going to eat two-legged food. Only grass would do.

I eventually lowered my head and slowly fell into a shallow sleep.

The next day:

I felt like I was being watched. I opened my eyes tiredly and a tall man stood before me. I reared up in surprise, backing up. I was shocked I hadn't heard him walk towards my box earlier, I must have drifted into a deep sleep. The man gave me an evil smile. Something about this guy just didn't seem right. I glared at him, pinning my ears back.

"An esuberante puledra, I see. Shouldn't be after I've broke 'em." The man chuckled, he definitely had an accent, it wasn't the same accent or near the same as the others I've heard.

I hit the gate with my left front hoof, snorting angrily at him.

"Calmati!" The man yelled at me, making me only rear up, I wasn't afraid of him.

The man grabbed something from his band around his waist and pointed it toward the open door, making sure no one was in the way, he fired it. I reared up in fear as it made a loud bang.