Chapter Five

One day, the older man came and threw a rope around my neck, I reared up in distress. He opened the gate that let me exit and enter my box but I didn't want to leave if I had to go with him. Unfortunately, I was dragged out of the box and was lead to a rather large fenced area that had weird poles stacked on top of each other. Whilst I was distracted by the poles he tied my to a post, quickly putting on a bridle and then a saddle pad and on top of that a saddle, I had heard these words from other horses nearby when I was in my box.

I bucked and reared. He untied me from the post and lead me to the arena with the poles.

He quickly hopped on my back and I reared up, running around and bucking like mad.

I felt a tug on the left side of the reins and steered that way, skidding to a halt in front of a stack of poles and watching in shock and joy as the man fell off onto the stack of poles. I reared in triumph, I quickly backed up and galloped around knocking into the fence and jumping over the poles.

When I jumped over a stack of poles a rope was thrown around my neck, it was tightened and 8 fell to the ground.

Multiple men came over to me and dragged me back into my box, not bothering to untack me.

I quickly drank some of the water, not all, and ate some of the hay. I didn't try going to sleep, I had to make sure I was safe first. And when I felt safer I managed to fall into a shallow sleep.

Sorry it was so short! I needed to update my next book and I couldn't think of much for this chapter, I might add more to it or I might make chapter six soon. Have a good day/night

- the author ✍️