Chapter 1

POV: Liam Payne

"I am so sorry, Liam. I can't make it up there today. Your father has an appointment with his Optometrist today. You know how he is. He won't go alone."

"No, that's alright, Mum. Don't worry about it. I can just take Emma to the Studio with me. I'm sure Louis won't mind." I reassured her.

"I just feel horrible. I miss my Emma dearly. I wanted to see her today."

"I know, Mum. Its alright. Really. I understand. She misses you as well. Maybe we can set up a play date soon so Emmie can see Grandma and Grandpa."

"Of course, Darling! We'll have to have Ruth and Nicola come along too. They'll want to see their Neice."

"Definitely. We'll do that soon then. Alright, Mum, I've got to go get Emma ready."

"Alright, Sweetheart. Tell Emma I love her, alright?"

"Alright, Mum. I love you."

"I love you too, Sweetie. Bye."

"Bye, Mum."

The call dropped.

Great. I love my Mum to the moon and back, I just wish I had a little more notice. Now I have to drag Emma along with me to the Studio. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love her to pieces, she's my little girl, but a Studio isn't a place for children.

I walked out of the kitchen, and down the hallway. I passed my room and walked into the one next to mine. The first thing I see is purple. Purple everywhere. I set up her room with the help of Harry. He loved helping me, which I was grateful for.

We painted the walls a light lavender color, with one a dark purple as an accent wall. We painted her name in the middle and added music notes all around it. Emma was quite happy with it.

She had a small toddlers bed with a purple duvet and a few pillows and stuffed animals for decoration. She had two white dressers along the far wall and a closet filled with all kinds of adorable outfits for her to wear. Niall even got her a little chest with dress up clothes for her. Harry had the idea to put a little round table for her to sit and play at. I decided I would get her a little tea set to go with it. I mean, what little girl doesn't have tea parties?

I stepped towards the bed, seeing if she had already woken up. I saw a mess of brown hair disappearing into the sheets. She was sprawled all over the bed. I leaned closer and pulled the blanket out of her face. Her mouth was agape and she had a little drool coming from her mouth. I chuckled to myself. Emma has never had any problem sleeping, that's for sure.

"Emmie. Sweetheart. Its time to get up," I whispered. When she didn't budge, I shook her shoulder lightly. "Baby, it's time to get up. You've got to eat some breakfast."

"Mmmm," She mumbled.

"Come on, Emmie. Time to get up." I said a little louder. She rolled onto her back and I am met with those familiar big brown eyes that could melt your soul.

"Why, Daddy?" She pouted.

"Because we're going to eat some breakfast and then we're going to Daddy's work to see Uncle Louis. How's that sound?"

"Uncle Louis?" She asked excitedly with that bright smile. The smile that haunts me.

"Yes. Uncle Louis. But we've got to get you ready first. Alright?"

"Okay, Daddy."

"That's my girl. Now, let's get you some clothes."

I helped Emma out of her bed and we walked over to her closet. I pulled out a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt with a red flannel to go over it. I pulled out some little Timberlands as well. She ended up copying her Daddy's style. Like father, like daughter.