Chapter 2

POV: Audrey Taylor

"Shit," I cursed under my breath as the early winter breeze wrapped around me.

The sounds of London rang out in every direction. Cars zoomed passed the university's campus. People walked past carelessly, getting on with their daily routine. In short, it was the same old thing since I started here a year ago.

I hurried across the campus, defenseless to the chill. Unfortunately, my Anatomy class had let out at one of the chilliest parts of the morning, forcing me to endure the cold on the way to my dorm. I pulled my jacket closer to me and kept my books close to my chest.

Yes, I was ecstatic that I made it into Uni. I was able to work toward something bigger than myself. I wouldn't have to just get by anymore, making money anyway I could. But, I will admit I sure as hell was ready to move off campus and get a place of my own.
And, perhaps a ride wouldn't be to bad either?

I pulled myself from my distant daydream to see the dorms ahead of me. I let out a soft breath and quickly made my way up the steps. I entered the hallway, feeling the warmth of the building encompass me. I looked to the end of the hallway.

Building A. Last door on the right. My dorm. Otherwise known as my home for the next couple years...or at least until I could afford an apartment.

I opened the door and looked around to the all too familiar room. A small twin bed took up most of the space in the room, covered with a faded navy blue duvet and few scattered light blue pillows. I tossed my books onto my crowded desk and flopped across the bed.

Honestly, I was holding on for the upcoming winter break. I was completely exhausted from the mixture of intensive classes and few babysitting jobs I had scored. Laying here, if even for a moment, was amazing.
Sadly, my rest was rather short-lived.

My phone rang, sounding throughout the room. I tiredly fished it out of my pocket to see Louis' contact flash up on my screen. Quickly, I picked it up.

"Hello Audrey. How are you?" The familar voice spoke lightheartedly.

"Eh. I'm alright, Lou. How are you? You guys need someone to watch the twins?" I asked.

When Louis and I talked, it was usually business. A few times a week for the past few years I had watched his baby brother and sister, Ernest and Doris. The little ones were a bit sweeter than the Tommo himself, and I actually loved watching them. So, my relationship with the Tomlinsons was pretty much a win-win.

"I'm lovely, Hun. And, actually no . . . Mum's got the twins handled this week. However, I do have another proposition for you."

I had to admit I was a bit curious. "What did you have in mind, Louis?"

"Well, a friend of mine, Liam Payne, has a daughter. He has been in a bit of a spot lately, and may be looking for a babysitter. What do you think?"

I knew it would be a bit much, however I needed the money. I needed to get somewhere, and every bit helped. In the end, it would be worth it.

"Any catch?" I replied curiously. I needed to make sure I had all the bases covered.

"Only the usual, love. He is a bit hesitant, but I think meeting you will definitely win him over."

"Alright," I nodded. "Just give me a time and place."

"You know where the studio is downtown, right? Meet us there at noon. Sound good?"

"Of course, Lou. Thank you," I smiled to myself appreciatively.

"Don't be late," he teased.

"Wouldn't dream of it. I'll be there," I assured him.