two

Monday Night

"Okay fuck! I get it ma stop!" Zac tried getting a hold of Gladys' arms. This was one of her typical episodes where she was drunk as hell and she'd always put her hands on Zac.

She stopped hitting him, "Bitch ass, just like your damn father. You ain't shit nigga, go to the store and get me some more cigarettes and a beer" She went to her room.

Zac went to the bathroom and looked at his face, he had a black eye. Overtime, the hits started to become less painful so he was used to it. He went in his room getting his hat and his wallet before walking out. He went to the store and got his mother's requests before walking back safely.

He opened her bedroom door, "When you're in a fucking hospital bed because you have alcohol poisoning, don't be crying for me" He threw her cigarettes and beer on the bed.

"Fuck you, i don't need you anyways. You can get the fuck out of my house"

"Fuck you too Gladys" He slammed the door behind him. He went into his bathroom and took a shower. Ten minutes later he got out and put on some shorts. He went into the kitchen and got a pack of frozen vegetables out of the fridge and put it on his eye. He then went back to his room, getting into his bed. He checked his phone and saw he had a missed face time call from Fatima so he called back.

"Hey" She said smiling. "What's up pretty girl" He replied not putting his face in the camera.

She blushed, "Nothing, what you doing?"

"Nun much i'm just getting in bed"

"Why you not showing your face, I don't like that"

"Ion know" He mumbled.

"Zachariah"

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"I told you i don't give a fuck. Please i want to see you"

"You saw me earlier today"

She smacked her lips, "If you don't love me just say that"

"I don't" She hung up on him. Zac laughed a little and called her back but she didn't answer. He called two more times and still no answer so he texted her.

Pretty Girl🥰💕

answer the phone

no, you said you don't love me

u know i do i was jus playin,
answer this phone or that's yo ass

He called and she answered. "Fix yo lil funky ass attitude. You know i love you"

"You hurt my feelings" She pouted.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" Zac said. He couldn't believe he was saying this. He thought all of the sappy stuff was corny, but here he is. "You forgive me?"

"I guess you're forgiven"

"Thank you. And if you hang up on me again, i promise im fucking you up"

"Okay!" She smiled, "Also, dad wants you to come by tomorrow, so you can come home with me after school"

"Okay, do you know why?"

"Nope, he just told me to let you know"

"Aight bet."

"Show me your fucking face before i hang up on you again"

"No, i have a black eye"

"Who the fuck did it? I need to beat somebody ass?" She perked up.